College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

12 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Very unconventional look for Arizona State. The sun burnt orange gold lids are a nice touch again Adidas and there restrictive font style selection it is a bit of a distraction but overall it looks nice. I like Oregon as well however due to their disastrous season I would burn all of the looks that they wore this year.

4dbfa798-e497-4ff2-8410-e42b8f47c2b7-large16x9_DucksVs.SundDevils_AF_008.jpg

Make those wings about 25% smaller/add more and I think you'd have a winning look going forward for Oregon. Touches on the wings look of the last few seasons as well as moves forward with the glass shatter look that seems to be on everything else. 

I miss the days of a semi-consistent look for Oregon

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Very unconventional look for Arizona State. The sun burnt orange gold lids are a nice touch again Adidas and there restrictive font style selection it is a bit of a distraction but overall it looks nice. I like Oregon as well however due to their disastrous season I would burn all of the looks that they wore this year.

636133711117651327-asu-gamer.jpg

Those bronze helmets were pretty stunning. Whole uniform was really nice.

23 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I can't stand Maryland's hand painted helmets. I get that they are "unique", but really think the original flag helmets were some of the best ever.

yeah i completely agree. I don't like the "flag/hand painted" ones or the "pennant" ones at all. The half and half were clean. That's why before this year i really liked what oregon was doing. They were modern and had some "crazy" elements but for the most part they were simple, solid designs, and that went for a lot of Nike uniforms post Pro Combat era. 

6 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

North Carolina A&T looks over the last several years. Oftentimes hbcus switch back and forth between different uniform sets. Now in the case of bigger schools they are not able to utilize a mix-and-match mentality when it comes to uniforms because because of contractual reasons with the outfitter

florida_a_m_nc_a_t_football__chroniclecolum-edu_5.jpg

MZHGLTUKQIWGPIG.20110902121724.jpg

PKAPKEZZZJOQKOK.20141010061832.jpg

BKLVYSWBZLBCTGW.20140927234434.jpg

GettyImages-487963450.jpg

ncat-750x400.jpg

57edc8624c68a.image.jpg

ZTMCZFGUEJBITJC.20121104054041.jpg

ZEKUPGLQAIEQDFO.20121104054101.jpg

tarik_cohen_v_bcc_16.288203853_std.JPG

IFJKWGMZYKVPWYV.20121111110504.jpg

With Russell Athletic, teams basically got two home uniforms and two away uniforms to mix and match as desired. Since there isn't a big enough base to show off every Russell design you'll probably see things like that reigned in more since the schools would pay more to maintain the status quo. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wow, that looks better than I expected. The stripes do kinda just end, though.

FYI, for all of those that say Clemson needs to wear purple more often, this weekend against Syracuse is your only option to see if this year.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

1 minute ago, Midway said:

It also helps that they're using Nike's best template yet. The lack of seams really lets the uniform speak for itself. 

Good point.  Though the new template does remind me of adidas' tech fit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/29/2016 at 0:25 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I like them... either as a collector's item or if this was the only non-school one-off, but Arizona beat you to copper, Sun Devils. Knock it off.

To be fair, ASU added copper as an official school color before Arizona put it on the field.  But then Arizona put it on the field first.

https://asunow.asu.edu/content/asu-athletics-unveils-new-brand-identity-program

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/finley/arizona-wildcats-football-ua-adds-copper-helmet-to-football-uniform/article_11aed93a-a53f-11e1-9388-001a4bcf887a.html

13 minutes ago, LetsGoPeay said:

Northwestern doing GFGS against Wisconsin. Not bad looking though apart from the UA thigh straps. It'll be paired with a white helmet with the big wildcat logo.

Not bad.  Purple helmets might look pretty cool with the gray, too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived