College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

http://www.focusfightfinish.com/gallery

Not bad.  Not awesome.  A little too much going on, IMO.  Is the design on the shoulders just for the sake of design?  

Jesus christ that's terrible. Massive downgrade imo, those shoulder "stripes" (if you can call them that) look awful, and the helmet has that awful trendy logo one side number on the other :censored:. Really disappointed, I had hope honestly.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

It's supposed to represent a cowcatcher, the metal frame in front of the locomotive. 

Here's the description Straight from Nike's mouth: "The cowcatcher represents the will of the team to push past its opponent on the way to victory"

LMFAO!!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

7 hours ago, FSUViking said:

What is with this awful, awful trend of logo on one side of the helmet and numbers on the other? Stop it. That's so stupid.

Because it's the "in" style now. I completely agree,it's stupid. Either have your logo or your numbers on both sides of the helmet.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

8 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

They lost me with the first picture - a white helmet with a number on one side.

It's a shame, because these were honestly one of my favorite sets.

Purdue-Football.jpg

These were nice but plain jerseys. I'd still take them over the new kits. The cowcatchers ruin it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I like the idea of using the train motif, but they've done a poor job of implementing it this whole time. The train track helmet stripe seems a tweak or two away from being decent. The cowcatcher shoulders are, again, nice in theory, pitiful in application. Wouldn't be that bad if you could, ya know, see them on every jersey. Lack of pant stripes from Nike is really getting to bug me. We could quite literally swap pants from a very high percentage of Nike schools and no one would know the difference.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think going with train tracks like basketball did for a while would be a big improvement. I also like the idea of embracing the Drew Brees era look. Either they or Wyoming should have kept it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I like the idea of using the train motif, but they've done a poor job of implementing it this whole time. The train track helmet stripe seems a tweak or two away from being decent. The cowcatcher shoulders are, again, nice in theory, pitiful in application. Wouldn't be that bad if you could, ya know, see them on every jersey. Lack of pant stripes from Nike is really getting to bug me. We could quite literally swap pants from a very high percentage of Nike schools and no one would know the difference.

That was my thought exactly. The cowcatcher design would have worked great with the Vapor Untouchable template, but with this template you can't even tell what it's supposed to be.

spacer.png

I know I'm late, but I hate hate hate the new Purdue uniforms.  I HATE when uniforms aren't uniform!  If you want to have multiple helmets, fine... but at least match the striping on them, at least match the decals between them.  If you want to have 3 shirts and 3 pants, fine... but again, at least be consistent with stuff... so they have a white, black, and a dirty white/light gray with dark gray on top?

When I originally read that they were putting something on the yokes, I was hoping they were going in the direction Clemson went with their new uniforms.  I was hoping they would have some sort of subtle cowcatcher or something going across... gray on both the white and black so it didn't become an eyesore.  These are a big downgrade.  I guess it separates them from Vandy and Colorado... but not in a good way.

2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

I know I'm late, but I hate hate hate the new Purdue uniforms.  I HATE when uniforms aren't uniform!  If you want to have multiple helmets, fine... but at least match the striping on them, at least match the decals between them.  If you want to have 3 shirts and 3 pants, fine... but again, at least be consistent with stuff... so they have a white, black, and a dirty white/light gray with dark gray on top?

When I originally read that they were putting something on the yokes, I was hoping they were going in the direction Clemson went with their new uniforms.  I was hoping they would have some sort of subtle cowcatcher or something going across... gray on both the white and black so it didn't become an eyesore.  These are a big downgrade.  I guess it separates them from Vandy and Colorado... but not in a good way.

In addition to your list, the pants should have the same stripes on them as the helmets. 

spacer.png

Archived