College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2016 at 8:49 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Especially cool to see how the chest pattern disappears from far away. Dontre Wilson has some random sticker on the front of his helmet, any idea what that is?

I noticed that too (and it's on Chris Weber, I believe). The only pic on Getty Images of him isn't very clear. It might be a small camera or something? He was the only guy on the team wearing it.  chris weber.jpg

9 hours ago, 29texan said:

Oh, Twitter...

*SIGH* All this being based off of a tweet by one person. Ugh. It was later pointed out that the decision to wear them was made months ago as they wear them once a year against a chosen rival. I don't know. I just think people are getting way too worked up over the smallest of things. If you're offended that Baylor wore black in support of Art Briles, then do something about it, like not showing up to Baylor games at all. If no one showed up to a Baylor game and they and the school they are playing lost revenue, then that would do more than angrily tweeting about things that could or could not be true.

9 minutes ago, oddball said:

*SIGH* All this being based off of a tweet by one person. Ugh. It was later pointed out that the decision to wear them was made months ago as they wear them once a year against a chosen rival. I don't know. I just think people are getting way too worked up over the smallest of things. If you're offended that Baylor wore black in support of Art Briles, then do something about it, like not showing up to Baylor games at all. If no one showed up to a Baylor game and they and the school they are playing lost revenue, then that would do more than angrily tweeting about things that could or could not be true.

This issue is a mere microcosm of why people are so disgusted with Baylor and their handling of this entire situation. Whether or not the black uniforms were indeed worn in support of Art Briles or not, Baylor continues to show a complete lack of self awareness with this entire scandal.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I noticed that too (and it's on Chris Weber, I believe). The only pic on Getty Images of him isn't very clear. It might be a small camera or something? He was the only guy on the team wearing it.  chris weber.jpg

Maybe it's a running backs thing? They have their own stickers on the regular helmets too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, oddball said:

This doesn't really make sense.  If my school is playing Baylor, why would not showing up be an effective protest?  I want to see my team kick the crap out of them.  Why should my team lose revenue if I'm offended over Baylor?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Receivers have a "Zone 6" sticker (for ones that choose to wear them).  Running backs have a "Tote Nation" sticker (for ones that choose to wear them).

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This doesn't really make sense.  If my school is playing Baylor, why would not showing up be an effective protest?  I want to see my team kick the crap out of them.  Why should my team lose revenue if I'm offended over Baylor?

oddball clearly just stated that the most effective change happens when revenue is affected. More than anything, people hate to lose cash or not profit. Most recent example was of Missouri players protesting to not play a game last season, until change occurred. Missouri took care of that situation because they weren't too fond of the idea of losing money that Saturday.

Besides, I'm almost certain that watching your team can take a backseat to an important issue such as domestic violence & rape.

1 hour ago, Bolt957 said:

oddball clearly just stated that the most effective change happens when revenue is affected. More than anything, people hate to lose cash or not profit. Most recent example was of Missouri players protesting to not play a game last season, until change occurred. Missouri took care of that situation because they weren't too fond of the idea of losing money that Saturday.

Besides, I'm almost certain that watching your team can take a backseat to an important issue such as domestic violence & rape.

Lost revenue for my team playing Baylor is a terrible option.  My team shouldn't be losing revenue because we are playing them.  Think it through again.  If Baylor fans want to protest by not showing up, great.  But opposing fans shouldn't be forced to sit out to send a message.  Again, that makes no sense.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

Wow...that is absolutely beyond horrible.

I wish they would've done a red helmet with an all black "M" logo and black facemask.

It is also slightly annoying that they chose to do this against Ohio State. It should have been done against Michigan or Penn State.

Archived