College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I don't get the love for these uniforms. The current uniforms are way better. Although, a slight number change should happen.

Hated those slanted numbers that WV had. Course, the pick ax ones aren't much better. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The grey that KU is using lately is a bit too dark for my tastes, but I do like them wearing grey pants in general. I also wish that they would pick one logo for the helmet. Having the KU and the Jayhawk on opposite sides is so terrible. 

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The grey that KU is using lately is a bit too dark for my tastes, but I do like them wearing grey pants in general. I also wish that they would pick one logo for the helmet. Having the KU and the Jayhawk on opposite sides is so terrible. 

Agreed.  These were better (although still not a big fan of red jerseys for KU - for football or basketball):

todd-reesing.jpg

Kansas is a few tweaks from having a great look. Lighter grey pants, matching logos on helmets, thinner stripe on pants that match helmet stripe and lose the tech fit web pattern. The limestone uniforms from a few weeks ago would be great if they were royal instead of navy. 

I was watching the Cal-Stanford Big Game on Saturday, and I realized that Stanford hasn't worn stripes on their pants for quite a few years now.
FB_UCLA-17-660x330.jpg

Back when they dropped black and reintroduced their classic unis in 2008, the pants had stripes:
2836053_San_Jose_State_v_Stanfurd-M.jpg

Some googling seems to indicate the stripes were removed in the 2012 season.

I never noticed it before, but the set definitely looks better with stripes on the pants.  Plain white pants look just...empty, for lack of a better word.

On 11/18/2016 at 9:26 PM, crosfam said:

With this year's pattern and the loss last week, I have a feeling we have seen the last of the black helmet, and probably the black unis also.  Time for a classic rebrand next year.  I like the pants stripes, but can live with solid gold too.  Might be neat to see an updated alt purple helmet once or twice - it could be done better than this one.   Keep a few elements of the new look (NW point maybe), but we can ditch the black.

HuardDamon1.jpg

1. I'm 100% in favor of losing the black forever. It has no place in the UW uniform.

2. I never want to see anything but a gold helmet for the Huskies.

3. I'd love to see actual gold instead of tan in the uniform.

Those pants for CSU are GFGS but they don't look that bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Wyoming's uniforms would be so much better if it weren't for those white helmets that stick out like a sore thumb.

I think Wyoming's white helmet is one of the best in the country, especially with the return of the stripes.  Just classic, IMO.  If the pants stripes were brown/white/brown that uniform would be A++.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, radchad said:

I was watching the Cal-Stanford Big Game on Saturday, and I realized that Stanford hasn't worn stripes on their pants for quite a few years now.
FB_UCLA-17-660x330.jpg

Back when they dropped black and reintroduced their classic unis in 2008, the pants had stripes:
2836053_San_Jose_State_v_Stanfurd-M.jpg

Some googling seems to indicate the stripes were removed in the 2012 season.

I never noticed it before, but the set definitely looks better with stripes on the pants.  Plain white pants look just...empty, for lack of a better word.

Maybe they removed the stripes to separate themselves from teams like Oklahoma, Indiana, Alabama, etc.?  I hate plain pants with no stripe, especially white ones.

Archived