College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please for the love of god let WVU get new uniforms!!!!

Or at least a new number font.

They could start with cutting out the black sleeves on the navy jersey. It's despicable.

If anything, add some white to the navy jersey because when they wear white-navy-white it looks like crap. Heck, I'd be okay with them remove the white pants and helmet altogether.

spacer.png

Scott Frost has stated last names will be on the back of UCF jersey's. I don't know if there is a jersey/helmet overhaul coming or not. But there will be names on them for the first time since George O'Leary took them off I believe after the 2004 season.

I'd like to see UCF come out with a fresh new design next season. They have a lot of design potential, yet their uniforms are very bland and generic.

NEWSGG copy.png

They could start with cutting out the black sleeves on the navy jersey. It's despicable.

You're exactly right. The white and gold jerseys are tolerable because they at least stick to school colors. Plus, I've never thought black went well with navy blue.

90758391980.gif

Scott Frost has stated last names will be on the back of UCF jersey's. I don't know if there is a jersey/helmet overhaul coming or not. But there will be names on them for the first time since George O'Leary took them off I believe after the 2004 season.

I'd like to see UCF come out with a fresh new design next season. They have a lot of design potential, yet their uniforms are very bland and generic.

The UCF is their brand at this point. I expect that to remain on their primary helmets of they ever do a re-design.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

The UCF is their brand at this point. I expect that to remain on their primary helmets of they ever do a re-design.
While I agree that that's probably what we can expect, it's certainly not a necessity.. Alabama's brand is the script "A" and houndstooth, but both are absent from their helmets and pretty much uniforms entirely (except the tiny "A" on the collar).. Using a uniform element to showcase a separate part of your identity is often great exposure for that particular element and/or a great opportunity for your sport to own a particular niche within the overall brand of the institution

Hopefully this means keeping the helmet they wore at the end of the year as the primary look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know of a new one that should be released here very soon. Hopefully within a few weeks tops :) It was wayyyyy overdue. Here's the first teaser pic posted to Twitter. You guys are gonna like this one! Source

CYD1TLtWMAApOCq.jpg

CXAYzUZUAAAQVYq.jpg

Tell us you had something to do with it.
Midway.png

Pitt will have all new Unis this year not just for football but for all sports. Per reports last year, they will have 3 helmets Gold/Blue/White , same goes for jerseys and pants combos. And I guess there will be a 4th set of unis as a throwback as well.

While I agree that that's probably what we can expect, it's certainly not a necessity.. Alabama's brand is the script "A" and houndstooth, but both are absent from their helmets and pretty much uniforms entirely (except the tiny "A" on the collar).. Using a uniform element to showcase a separate part of your identity is often great exposure for that particular element and/or a great opportunity for your sport to own a particular niche within the overall brand of the institution

As long as this guy makes a comeback, then I'd be happy.

Florida_Tech_Citronauts.png

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

You're exactly right. The white and gold jerseys are tolerable because they at least stick to school colors. Plus, I've never thought black went well with navy blue.

As a WVU fan I don't mind the uniforms, and I love the helmets(old gold and white included), but the black needs to go. I know it's meant to represent coal, but it doesn't fit with the navy blue. I would like to see a gray alternate like they previously had.

IxkieML.png

Pitt will have all new Unis this year not just for football but for all sports. Per reports last year, they will have 3 helmets Gold/Blue/White , same goes for jerseys and pants combos. And I guess there will be a 4th set of unis as a throwback as well.

And re-adoption of the script wordmark throughout the athletic department.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived