College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ohio State is wearing:

1916 helmet

1968 red jersey

1968 pants

UGGGGGH SO CLOSE

The 68 throwbacks have been awesome in big games. The home and roads should be our regular jerseys going forward IMO. They looked perfect in our title run and they'd be perfect today. But instead of Buckeye leaves we get the cannonball helmet mismatch? 

Why can't they just go traditional for The Game?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, -Akronite- said:

UGGGGGH SO CLOSE

The 68 throwbacks have been awesome in big games. The home and roads should be our regular jerseys going forward IMO. They looked perfect in our title run and they'd be perfect today. But instead of Buckeye leaves we get the cannonball helmet mismatch? 

Why can't they just go traditional for The Game?

Exactly! IF they went full 1968's and Michigan wore gold pants it'd be perfect.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, GFB said:

I think the CCSLC consensus is that Ohio State deserves to lose for these poor aesthetic choices. :P

Nope.X-ichigan needs to lose so utter chaos ensues should Penn State win.

And because we don't give a damn for the whole state X-ichigan! WE'RE FROM OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Nope.X-ichigan needs to lose so utter chaos ensues should Penn State win.

And because we don't give a damn for the whole state X-ichigan! WE'RE FROM OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me, the fact that you're from Ohio shows. :D

16 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

I'm probably alone in this but I really like this look.

since they have worn alt unis for this game, it's not as surprising, it looks ok. Maybe against Indiana it would be cool. But, I agree with everyone else, wear your best look. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

6 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Reminds me of when EA NCAA was still around and you'd make "that combo" on uniform select for the heck of it.

...Then five minutes into the game you realized how ridiculous it looked and backed out.

I had the same thought.  I was the jerk that would make my friends pick a normal combo if they tried too much mismatchy BS.  Basically I would have griped hard if one of my buddies picked OSU's combo today in the video game.

90758391980.gif

I actually would have preferred if OSU wore the solid grey pants they wore with the 1916 throwbacks to better match the helmet. The only reason the striping discrepancy works between the sleeve and pant stripes on the 1968 uniforms is because the pant stripes still match those of the helmet. But since the darker grey helmet doesn't have any stripes on it, the mismatched striping is accentuated and not in a good way.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

I'm watching the Arizona State-Arizona game and two things come to mind... Arizona in all red reminds me of Dairy Queen's Cherry flavored Dilly Bars and when was gray part of Arizona State's color scheme?

This had to be by far the worst uniform matchup ever between these 2 teams.  Horrible on both sides.

Oregon State's Civil War combo is now confirmed:

IMG_2589.JPG

Hopefully they have the regularly colored Beaver decal on the helmet like the graphic shows instead of this decal that they had on these helmets earlier in the season:IMG_2590.PNG

Overall it should be a decent looking game with Oregon in green/white/green but it would've been nice to have seen OSU in a bit more orange IMO.

Edit: They do have the regularly colored Beaver logos on them this time.

IMG_2591.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

This had to be by far the worst uniform matchup ever between these 2 teams.  Horrible on both sides.

While it was awful...I think there have been a couple of recent Territorial Cups that were on par with this year's matchup.   Both teams just need to go back to classic looks.  Enough with this uglyness...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived