College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

I don't mind Michigan State's bronze helmets (it's tough to see the logo, and I think the Pro Combat helmets were better)...but the green satin helmets are 10000x better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I was onboard until that last one. The little bits of copper on the light grey pants and helmets are horrible.

For what they are, the uniforms are fine. Although I wish they could fix the numbers that look like they were quickly printed/taped onto the jerseys 10 minutes before the game.

As far as FCS goes, my Top 5 (again in no particular order):

James Madison 

Kennesaw State 

Georgetown

William & Mary

Montana

As Colorado's had more exposure, I've come to realize they may have one of the best sets in the nation. I find they do mix-and-match perfectly right; the design is simple, effective, always in school colors, and the same all across the board, even down to the buffalo logo being the exact same on every helmet. Though they have many combos, the identity never gets stretched thin but rather is strengthened by the consistency and unity of each combo's elements. Of course some combos are better than others, but Colorado really has to try hard to look bad in this set (and I haven't seen a case where they have yet). I'd easily put them in my top 5.

My other 4, in no particular order:

- Penn State

- Texas

- LSU

- Air Force

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Looking ahead to conference championships, we know that Peen State/Wisconsin will be a classic matchup. Alabama and Florida should be pretty good as well. The others are up in the air due to some questionable combinations but could be great, potentially.

19 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Has Oregon officially phased out forest green?

Essentially, yes. The baseball team has continued to use it the last couple years and the track and field teams have used it sparingly as well but all of the other teams have completely gotten rid of it in favor of the apple green. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

LOL came here today to rip on Arizona State/AZ and I see a few posts doing the same, so that's good, haha.

AZ, how about white/blue/white?  AZ State, how about yellow, white, maroon? Is that too much to ask? 

Both were just hideous.  That gold glitter on the AZ State jersey, ughhh.  And that gets matched with grey pants/grey helmets?? Da fuqq??

Archived