College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

4 hours ago, Yac12 said:

One of my favorite things about the conference championship games and the bowl games is to see how they paint the fields.  My personal preference is to have the end zones the way they are at the teams stadium.  

You'll enjoy the SEC Championship then.

Here are the fields ranked according to my opinion:

1. Pac 12 Championship (almost perfect, needs logos of some sort at the 25s)
  2. B1G Championship (again, almost perfect, needs team fonts in the end zones)
  3. ACC Championship (the VT end zone needs to be outlined, either in white or orange and it will be perfect)
  4. SEC Championship (good, but it looks incomplete with the plain Florida end zone)
  5. MAC Chamionship (a hot mess with multiple issues)

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

You'll enjoy the SEC Championship then.

Here are the fields ranked according to my opinion:

1. Pac 12 Championship (almost perfect, needs logos of some sort at the 25s)
  2. B1G Championship (again, almost perfect, needs team fonts in the end zones)
  3. ACC Championship (the VT end zone needs to be outlined, either in white or orange and it will be perfect)
  4. SEC Championship (good, but it looks incomplete with the plain Florida end zone)
  5. MAC Chamionship (a hot mess with multiple issues)

Why is the SEC championship just "good" if your only complaint is their accuracy with respect to Florida's endzone? It can be "perfect" even if you don't like it..

Never noticed this before but saw it during the PAC 12 title game...Colorado has a bizarre half collar. Not the usual toilet bowl collar you see on this template like the Saints. Not a bad look by any means but just different. This is the best photo I could find.

IMG_5396.JPG

1 hour ago, razorback447 said:

Unpopular opinion: Washington's uniforms are a mess. Gold helmets, purple jerseys with black sleeve caps and completely plain not gold pants. Just not a good flow from top to bottom. 

I'm not sure that's an unpopular opinion -- I think Washington's uniforms are god-awful.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Why is the SEC championship just "good" if your only complaint is their accuracy with respect to Florida's endzone? It can be "perfect" even if you don't like it..

Just because they want to use end zone accuracy in respect to the teams' stadium does not mean that the field looks good. The fully painted Alabama end zone paired with Florida's relatively empty end zone provides a stark contrast that, in my opinion, looks ugly.

1 minute ago, darkhaha said:

I'm not sure that's an unpopular opinion -- I think Washington's uniforms are god-awful.

They never should have changed from the traditional uniforms. Idk how people find these uniforms attractive.

NSFCvyu.png

2 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Unpopular opinion: Washington's uniforms are a mess. Gold helmets, purple jerseys with black sleeve caps and completely plain not gold pants. Just not a good flow from top to bottom. 

I believe you will see them remove the black from the home unis next year. 

44 minutes ago, BRice16 said:

I believe you will see them remove the black from the home unis next year. 

I agree. Total rejection this year of non-classic (legacy) uniform combinations this year - and they lost the one time they varied from it.  We will see almost certainly see white over purple in the Peach or Fiesta Bowl.  With the current set I would not mind a Gold/Black/Purple combo, but I think we will never see it again.  Maybe we will see special Nike unis for the top 4, like a few years back.    Cleaner, no black, less gimmicks please.  I don't mind the NW corner font, but not the "jaws" in the armpits.   

oregon-ohio-state-national-championship-uniforms.jpg

On 12/1/2016 at 9:58 AM, BamaBryan said:

Can we please have this again ? You would think It'd be a no-brainer with this being the 25th.

SEC 2016.jpg

And just like that, Florida equipment announces they're wearing all orange today. 

You had one job. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

And just like that, Florida equipment announces they're wearing all orange today. 

You had one job. 

Let me think......... Where have I seen that uniform combo before vs Bama? Oh Yeah..... Those results worked out OK. Guess we will wait and see how it works out for the Gators. :)

0497664001452629921_filepicker.jpg

22 hours ago, Yac12 said:

One of my favorite things about the conference championship games and the bowl games is to see how they paint the fields.  My personal preference is to have the end zones the way they are at the teams stadium.  

Alamo bowl Oregon vs TCU was nice a couple years back. Totally opposite of teams regular endzones but great IMO

Archived