College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

52 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Funny that nike went from many fabrics, seams, and panels to a minimal template that looks very similar to the adidas tech-fit. What's old is new.

But at least Nike jerseys look like football jerseys when not sitting on shoulder pads. I think we'll see adidas start to move towards something similar in the next few years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

First look at CFP uniforms, once again all Nike schools:

No notable changes, teams on the newest template although Washington might be a hybrid, and the diamond swoosh returns.

I would have loved to see Ohio State embrace the Earl Bruce era shoulder numbers that took over the whole shoulder. I loved those and was sad to see them go when Nike switched over to tackle twill numbers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Weird that Washington gets stuck with the old template while all other teams upgraded to the Vapor Untouchable. Easily could have translated their look onto the new template. It already has sleeve caps and they could have dyed the famous "Jaws of Husky Stadium."

Oregon has already shown you can dye anything on this jersey.

new-oregon-uniforms-electric-lightning-y

17 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

First look at CFP uniforms, once again all Nike schools:

No notable changes, teams on the newest template although Washington might be a hybrid, and the diamond swoosh returns.

Love, love, love the black numbers on the Ohio State jerseys.  I just wish they would do the same thing on the white ones, for consistency.  I absolutely love and am so proud with what Ohio State has been doing with their uniforms and alternates. Traditional, uniform, consistent "regular" uniforms, with the 60's throw backs for "big games" or primetime games, then they throw in an excellent alternate once per year.

The tiger paws on Clemson's uniforms are one of my favorite uniform adjustments in recent memory.  I love when a subtle change like that (and OSU's black TV numbers), make such incredible improvements.  I love when uniforms have just a little bit of uniqueness without being buck wild crazy and the paws on TOP of the shoulders is fantastic.

Alabama... I mean... I think we are all in agreement.  I just wish they had TV numbers... but that's just because I love TV numbers.

Washington... can you just, pull it together.  You are better than this.  Keep the NW color serif thing, fine.  But get rid of the shoulder caps and spikes, please.  Keep the beautiful satin/matte helmet, and just match the stripes to the pants.  Throw some white pants in there, some purple pants in there, fine.  Even keep the TV numbers black... I don't mind.  But just pull yourselves together.  You could be part of history the next month... look the part.

2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Love, love, love the black numbers on the Ohio State jerseys.  I just wish they would do the same thing on the white ones, for consistency.  I absolutely love and am so proud with what Ohio State has been doing with their uniforms and alternates. Traditional, uniform, consistent "regular" uniforms, with the 60's throw backs for "big games" or primetime games, then they throw in an excellent alternate once per year.

The tiger paws on Clemson's uniforms are one of my favorite uniform adjustments in recent memory.  I love when a subtle change like that (and OSU's black TV numbers), make such incredible improvements.  I love when uniforms have just a little bit of uniqueness without being buck wild crazy and the paws on TOP of the shoulders is fantastic.

Alabama... I mean... I think we are all in agreement.  I just wish they had TV numbers... but that's just because I love TV numbers.

Washington... can you just, pull it together.  You are better than this.  Keep the NW color serif thing, fine.  But get rid of the shoulder caps and spikes, please.  Keep the beautiful satin/matte helmet, and just match the stripes to the pants.  Throw some white pants in there, some purple pants in there, fine.  Even keep the TV numbers black... I don't mind.  But just pull yourselves together.  You could be part of history the next month... look the part.

Washington is gonna get smoked by Bama, so any history they'll be part of will be bad for them. :)

I used to want Alabama to add TV numbers but they'd be redundant with the helmet numbers. Usually I'm in favor of TV numbers, though not in this case.

5 hours ago, CLEstones said:

To me it's very simple for UW:

1. Remove the black shoulder caps and spikes

2. Make the TV numbers match the front/back numbers

I do like the purple shoulder caps on the white jersey but I would definitely remove the spikes.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.beatnavyuniform.com/

Army has released their uniforms for Army-Navy. Design is solid except for the numbers.

Helmet: A+

Jersey: A

Numbers: A (the reason for the font beats the aesthetic of it...plus, it's for one game)

It's weird seeing the flag (even the 48-star flag) with the stars towards the back of the player...every military person knows the stars go towards the front.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

the new Army uniform is straight up badass! really love this one. the spray painted skull on the helmet with the "netting" looks so good. 

i am concerned about the numbers though. i think they might be a little too styled for their own good. and as wide as they are, they're wrapping around the player in a way that makes them even harder to read, and if you have a uniform with an unreadable number, the whole thing is a failure. they could have taken that risk with TV numbers or even shrunk the number size on front/back for legibility. at this point, it's a fantastic concept, with some highly questionable number execution

11.15.16.ArmyUniFlagAndSmoke-27.jpg

^ yea, just trying a little too hard with the number design here. these MUST be legible from All-22 angle

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

24 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Helmet: A+

Jersey: A

Numbers: A (the reason for the font beats the aesthetic of it...plus, it's for one game)

It's weird seeing the flag (even the 48-star flag) with the stars towards the back of the player...every military person knows the stars go towards the front.

During World War II, they were laid out in the manner applied to the jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is it an unpopular opinion that i'm not a fan of the set? The numbers are unreadable and can be a lot more colorful. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

On 12/4/2016 at 2:05 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I would have loved to see Ohio State embrace the Earl Bruce era shoulder numbers that took over the whole shoulder. I loved those and was sad to see them go when Nike switched over to tackle twill numbers. 

The oversized numbers were a champion font and feature of their jerseys in the 80's & 90's. I don't think nike ever used the oversized tv numbers but I could be wrong.

Archived