College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a few minutes of a couple of BYU games this year and it appears that BYU is not totally set on its shade of blue.  The uniforms are darker (I'll call it "navy" though I am not sure that's what it is) than they used to be.  There's one coach who wears a royal blue hat while most of the rest of the sideline is wearing navy stuff.

Side note, on a vacation in Utah last year, I took in a random BYU game and I though I noticed inconsistencies in how the "oval-Y" was designed regarding the thickness of the three parts; though googling the logo seems to be proving me wrong.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

19 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I've seen a few minutes of a couple of BYU games this year and it appears that BYU is not totally set on its shade of blue.  The uniforms are darker (I'll call it "navy" though I am not sure that's what it is) than they used to be.  There's one coach who wears a royal blue hat while most of the rest of the sideline is wearing navy stuff.

That might be a visibility issue for guys on the field to get signals....kinda like Notre Dame sideline staff in red caps.

Michigan's new roads and the Giants' Color Rush are essentially the same design. Yet, even with the cuff stripes, the Giants can fit the number on the sleeve but Michigan moved the digits to the shoulder. 

I love Michigan's roads but the TV number placement --- that's different than the blue jersey --- has bothered me since the set was first unveiled. That'll bother me even more now after seeing the NYG pull off having numbers on the sleeve. 

On 9/8/2016 at 1:56 PM, Clintau24 said:

(Phantom Quote)

-------

Bit of a shameless plug, but in case anyone's curious, Uniform Authority will be having an end-of-season award series for, well, uniiforms worn this season. I had the chance to help make the graphics and teaser images.

Here is the first teaser that was released today on Twitter:

IMG_20161223_074137.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

38 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

-------

Bit of a shameless plug, but in case anyone's curious, Uniform Authority will be having an end-of-season award series for, well, uniiforms worn this season. I had the chance to help make the graphics and teaser images.

Here is the first teaser that was released today on Twitter:

IMG_20161223_074137.jpg

Can Army win Military Appreciation? Their Army/Navy look was amazing. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived