College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Can Army win Military Appreciation? Their Army/Navy look was amazing. 

While I wish they could, as they were my original vote for best in that category, they, Navy, and Air Force are not eligible for the Military Appreciation category seeing as how they are already military academies.

While most of this is still a work in progress as we find the images and make our picks, I will say this: look for Army's and Air Force's names to appear a lot in the other categories. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

20 hours ago, dont care said:

Those are the same tapered stripes they have been wearing all year with the white helmets

No, these are new white helmets. The other ones this year were in the style of the Navy pro combat helmets from a few years ago. With this new white one, they now all match 

It still bugs the hell out of me that VaTech has similar stripes on the helmet but are tapered northwestern stripes compared to the jersey's UCLA stripes. They are too close to not be the same. The stripes should be consistent if they are going to be that similar.

Just rumor at this point but I'm hearing from local contacts that Willie Taggart is not a fan of the Ducks' 97,683 uniform combinations and templates.

I would not be surprised to see Oregon return to a single template albeit with several color combos.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Just rumor at this point but I'm hearing from local contacts that Willie Taggart is not a fan of the Ducks' 97,683 uniform combinations and templates.

I would not be surprised to see Oregon return to a single template albeit with several color combos.

If anything, I wish they'd stick to one template.  I'd still expect ton of color combos...I don't think Taggart has done enough to overrule Phil Knight just yet.

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

I wouldn't make anything out of those rumors. Just look at the program Taggart just came from, USF, who had quite a few different uniforms and helmets themselves, including the awful neon sunrise and watermelon uniforms. Sure they could move to a single template, which would actually be a very smart move, but there's no doubt in my mind they'll still have a plethora of different combinations.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'd expect the team to ditch the one-off alternates and just do what they've done in years past: one template with multiple color combinations. The one-off alternates they've worn the past couple of years really need to stop.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'll be glad if Oregon goes back to using one template with a variety of colors and maybe one or two one offs.  Their uniforms the past couple seasons were an absolute mess, some of which I blame on Nike and some of which I blame on Helfrich and the players.

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

I'll be glad if Oregon goes back to using one template with a variety of colors and maybe one or two one offs.  Their uniforms the past couple seasons were an absolute mess, some of which I blame on Nike and some of which I blame on Helfrich and the players.

Sometimes it's ok to have adults in charge of design decisions. 

Archived