College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

image.jpgHeart_of_Dallas_Bowl_Football_68909.jpg

Army looking good at the Heart of Dallas Bowl. North Texas looks decent but maybe black or silver britches would have been better to match the helmet. 

The black stripe on the black helmet is kind of odd.

Minnesota did its best ASU impression at the Holiday Bowl against Washington State.national-funding-holiday-bowl-minnesota-

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pinstripe Bowl- Northwestern is wearing a Craig Sager helmet sticker, not sure on details. Pitt in Blue/White/Blue I saw in warm ups.

Russell Athletic Bowl- WVU in Blue/White/Blue just like last year. I would guess Miami in White/Orange/White.

IxkieML.png

21 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

Pinstripe Bowl- Northwestern is wearing a Craig Sager helmet sticker, not sure on details. Pitt in Blue/White/Blue I saw in warm ups.

Russell Athletic Bowl- WVU in Blue/White/Blue just like last year. I would guess Miami in White/Orange/White.

Scratch that.

WVU in Blue/White/White not blue. I heard earlier that they were in blue pants, but now it's white.

IxkieML.png

I want to like this Pitt-Northwestern matchup, but I'm just not feeling it. It's one of those cases where two uniforms that are good in and of themselves just don't mesh together. The contrast would be much better if Pitt had gone with gold-white-white or gold-white-gold.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I want to like this Pitt-Northwestern matchup, but I'm just not feeling it. It's one of those cases where two uniforms that are good in and of themselves just don't mesh together. The contrast would be much better if Pitt had gone with gold-white-white or gold-white-gold.

I'm kinda surprised Pitt didn't go navy/white/white...Yankee Stadium and all...

CU will have "RS" decals on the back of their helmets to pay tribute to Rashaan Salaam

15727227_1578977698795484_7577842597888500973_n.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

21 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

Scratch that.

WVU in Blue/White/White not blue. I heard earlier that they were in blue pants, but now it's white.

I watched that game and thought "Man if WVU had worn gold pants this would look like a classic Big East game against Miami."  But nope.  WVU continues to avoid the gold pants.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I watched that game and thought "Man if WVU had worn gold pants this would look like a classic Big East game against Miami."  But nope.  WVU continues to avoid the gold pants.

I think it was because they lost to OK State when they wore blue/white/gold this year. I do agree, gold pants would have looked great. 

IxkieML.png

On 12/28/2016 at 2:27 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

23 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm kinda surprised Pitt didn't go navy/white/white...Yankee Stadium and all...

Northwestern looked good as they have all year.Pittsburgh on the other hand....

On 12/28/2016 at 10:44 AM, JosiahWVU said:

Sager went to and graduated from Northwestern. That would explain it.

I can't stand what Oklahoma State has done to their look. They looked like a movie football team tonight particularly with the helmets. Seems like it's been years since they've worn the all white helmets that we're used to seeing with Ok State. Or worn orange for that matter. Their original rebrand with Weeden/Hunter/Blackmon was awesome. But this last one is awful. Every time I see them on tv, Oklahoma State is never my first guess on who is playing. 

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

11 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Great looking Alamo Bowl. OK State wearing their fantastic black Paisley helmets with white jerseys and orange pants, while Colorado goes with its classic gold/black/gold. 

With apologies to the late Douglas Adams: "Ah. This is obviously some strange usage of the word 'fantastic' that I wasn't previously aware of." B)

Archived