College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is it starting this fall? The two soccer kits are baseline models but I don't think they'll be straying too far from those. That football uniform is the perfect Cal uniform.

Deal doesn't start until 2017 . These are along the same lines as the mockup from the pre-Wisconsin reveal

I really hope we keep the matte helmet. Love it  more than the glossy version

IMG_0041-1-e1444418610321.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3 hours ago, guest23 said:

They tried that in '92 or '93 to coincide with the school's 100th anniversary. It lasted one season.

The change in decals in 1992 was to celebrate the 100th football season.

USC was founded in 1880.  

Here's where it gets weird...the first football season was 1888 (and thus, USC celebrated 125 years of USC football in 2013).  But there was no USC football in 1892, 1911, 1912, and 1913, thereby making the 1992 celebration the more accurate one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is it starting this fall? The two soccer kits are baseline models but I don't think they'll be straying too far from those. That football uniform is the perfect Cal uniform.

Starts July 2017.

Since the debt of the department and on the new stadium need to be paid down and the Pac 12 Network profits aren't looking bright for the future, Cal took the cash.

$3M cash to sign and $3.5M in cash per year.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/breaking-news/ci_29800833/sources-cal-athletics-under-armour-agree-85-6

5 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Here is the UA mockup... the shade of gold looks PERFECT but that blue is a little too purpley for my taste 

CgqrcVAUkAE28SM.jpg

Hope that is just a mockup. Cal just had an update to their identity designed just a few years ago, with logo, fonts, everything. I think Fraser Davidson worked on that project. Seems a shame to have to give that up due to the switch.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

7 hours ago, guest23 said:

They tried that in '92 or '93 to coincide with the school's 100th anniversary. It lasted one season.

But that Tommy Trojan has been around earlier than '92. The school used it in the early 80's.

NBC used to use the following in their Rose Bowl intro package.

_1.JPG_zpskouqk6xz.jpg

It should be seen on YouTube in an old game.

7 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Cal is switching to Under Armour... please excuse me as I go cry in the corner :(

CgqSuMhUUAAbRSy.jpg

I always wonder how the student athletes feel aboug this...Cant Imagine the hoops team is happy to swith from Jordans to UA

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

9 minutes ago, uuh70 said:

I always wonder how the student athletes feel aboug this...Cant Imagine the hoops team is happy to swith from Jordans to UA

Why not? UA's biggest basketball endorsement (Steph Curry) plays just a few miles down the road.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

47 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Why not? UA's biggest basketball endorsement (Steph Curry) plays just a few miles down the road.

But I'm sure some players on the team would rather get custom Jordans and Jordan gear than Curry/UA stuff.

I hope they don't stray to far from this. Definitely one of my favorite uniform sets that we have had. KEEP the matte helmet, eliminate the curves around the shoulders and this set is a keeper . 

19463134-mmmain.jpg

497208474.jpg

460x.jpg

hi-res-648a7affc8f073ceb30ebafeb4e9c6da_

USATSI_8894991.jpg

quarterback-jared-goff-of-the-california

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Initially, that's a push from me. The shoulder stripes look pretty good on the new-kinda-old template (why not the newest template?) I've been a fan of VT reaching a bit into its Tech side, and font is a good step, but since it is so thin, there pretty much has to be a outline, like the basketball jerseys.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

16 hours ago, orlampa_knight said:

This story from the UCF Rivals.com site has a photo of a new prototype gold helmet for UCF that Scott Frost showed at a booster event yesterday. UCF is supposed to get 4 new helmets for this year (black, white, gold, 'pewter') and full new uni sets to match. Nike is supposedly doing exclusive designs for UCF (like they did for Frost's former school)

deuruzpvigwytbf7pkbq.jpg

That is going to be one of them. I REALLY wish they would bring back the state of Florida on the helmet. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Virginia Tech is a push. The shoulder stripes don't look nearly as good as the previous set, and the new font is meh at best, just another Nike custom font that looks really similar to other fonts

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Downgrade for Virginia Tech, The new template isn't as kind to the shoulder stripes and I'm not the hugest fan of the bigger collar. If you were going to change fonts at least change it to the old custom font shown below. 

image.jpeg

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived