College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

Big Kudos to WMU for stepping up and wearing a classic uniform for the biggest game in school history.  Looks like this classic white jersey is to be worn with white helmets and pants.  I would rather see dark or gold (not woodland camo) pants, But this should look good.  I do love the above gold helmet, but it is probably to never be worn again. 

C03w89vVEAAWQt4.jpg

Im watching now are the helmets white abd brown or white and black? The jersey numbers appear to be black from this photo... Also are these new uniforms or have they worn them this year?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos to the Raymond James ground crew for switching out the Buccaneers' graphics (including full color end zones) to the Outback Bowl without a shred of change.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

Big Kudos to WMU for stepping up and wearing a classic uniform for the biggest game in school history.  Looks like this classic white jersey is to be worn with white helmets and pants.  I would rather see dark or gold (not woodland camo) pants, But this should look good.  I do love the above gold helmet, but it is probably to never be worn again. 

C03w89vVEAAWQt4.jpg

they do look nice, wish they had worn gold helmet and pants for a contrast...but it could have been MUCH worse. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

45 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Kudos to the Raymond James ground crew for switching out the Buccaneers' graphics (including full color end zones) to the Outback Bowl without a shred of change.

Yeah there's a video on Raymond James Stadiums Facebook page of the changeover.  Cut out the midfield logo and end zones to re sod them.

Western Michigan needs to dump the moronic boat oar imagery.  Not only is it at odds with their more-appropriate horse logos, not only is it confusing for anybody who isn't familiar with the reason behind it (K-Zoo being a good 45 miles from Lake Michigan), it just plain looks awkward on a football uniform. It's marginally better as a helmet stripe compared to the ridiculous crossed oars on the back shoulders, but dumb wherever you put it.

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Western Michigan needs to dump the moronic boat oar imagery.  Not only is it at odds with their more-appropriate horse logos, not only is it confusing for anybody who isn't familiar with the reason behind it (K-Zoo being a good 45 miles from Lake Michigan), it just plain looks awkward on a football uniform. It's marginally better as a helmet stripe compared to the ridiculous crossed oars on the back shoulders, but dumb wherever you put it.

If they just left it like it was today, like helmet stripes. It would be fine. But I agree with you, all the oars on the unis really need to go. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Re: The Rose Bowl

Two schools with rich football histories, wearing their traditional uniforms on a beautiful field with the San Gabriel mountains as a backdrop ... best looking game I've seen in some time.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

2 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

Re: The Rose Bowl

Two schools with rich football histories, wearing their traditional uniforms on a beautiful field with the San Gabriel mountains as a backdrop ... best looking game I've seen in some time.

It's really sad that that's the exception and not the rule nowadays.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

34 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

Minnesota announces one of 13 uniform combinations to be worn in 2017

JDRi8Qu.jpg

DOPE!!!!!!1! ????

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

54 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

Minnesota announces one of 13 uniform combinations to be worn in 2017

JDRi8Qu.jpg

25 years ago, this would have been a joke. Now, it's pretty much a legit concept uniform.

It's weird to live in a world where fashion statements make as much splash as a program's success on the field.  For instance, go ask the causal fan who won the Heisman the last three years and then ask then about the bigger uniform reveals, such as Oregon's Duck Costume or Ohio State's bowling ball helmets. Chances are they'll rattle off their favorite alternates or throwbacks but be clueless as to which teams made the playoffs.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived