College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, WMU has the "Row the Boat" trademarked.  So it won't be going to Minnesota, though I'm sure he'll think of something else.  

Also - it's Ski-U-Mah.  H at the end.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Chances are they'll rattle off their favorite alternates or throwbacks but be clueless as to which teams made the playoffs.

Oh give me a break, the average casual fan isn't some 19 year old who spams "LIT" anytime a new uniform is released, they're 30-40 somethings who only follow their favorite team and don't care about anyone else. And even then, I can tell you first hand from having roommates and friends who fit that maligned age group on this site that the hardcore fans of those ages hate the ridiculous uniforms. You're not better for having "better taste" in uniforms, stop pretending that loving penn state's uniforms makes you special, you're actually pretty average as a whole.

1 hour ago, walkerws said:

Minnesota will likely have more restraint. To me Western Michigan had a look that Fleck drove. I'd hope they return to the regular horse head and get rid of the lumber yard units. 

I don't think it will happen,  but it would improve them immediately.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, JosiahWVU said:

WHY!!!???:angered:

Those end zones are the CFP's way of differentiating between the semis and the championship.  It works when teams have variations of red, green or gold. Anyone else looks horrible.  If Michigan made the game that maize with blue outline would look ridiculous. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/7/2017 at 10:02 AM, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Oh give me a break, the average casual fan isn't some 19 year old who spams "LIT" anytime a new uniform is released, they're 30-40 somethings who only follow their favorite team and don't care about anyone else. And even then, I can tell you first hand from having roommates and friends who fit that maligned age group on this site that the hardcore fans of those ages hate the ridiculous uniforms. You're not better for having "better taste" in uniforms, stop pretending that loving penn state's uniforms makes you special, you're actually pretty average as a whole.

Way to attack the post, not the poster.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 1/7/2017 at 9:48 PM, JQK said:

Black endzones again.

Lame.

IMG_20170107_213113.jpg

The CFP Championship Game mandates the end zones be painted black for neutrality. In that case they succeed, but it makes for a boring field. Add the fact that they don't outline the numbers or trim the 20 and 50 yard-lines, it's just disappointing.

NSFCvyu.png

10 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

The CFP Championship Game mandates the end zones be painted black for neutrality. In that case they succeed, but it makes for a boring field. Add the fact that they don't outline the numbers or trim the 20 and 50 yard-lines, it's just disappointing.

It looks like they are still painting the field so hopefully "2017" gets an outline on it. A gold or white outline would help with that. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

What do you mean?  I know it says edited, but you had to have a reason.

I thought they were bowl game locations that rotated like the semifinals. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

3 minutes ago, Uglybus said:

I thought they were bowl game locations that rotated like the semifinals. 

Ah gotcha.  Im assuming you figured out that they allowed for other sites to bid for the Title Game like the Super Bowl.  The only stadiums not eligible for the title game in a specific year are the two hosts of the semifinals.

I like the black endzones. It puts some extra focus on the "event" and makes the field consistent. Then we don't end up with goofy designs like the SEC Championship (Bama crimson endzone and Florida grass colored endzone...like their home fields).

Also, looks like Tampa has installed extra seating in the endzones. They still accommodated the pirate ship, too.

IMG_5986.JPG

IMG_5988.JPG

IMG_5989.JPG

Archived