College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Downgrade for Virginia Tech, The new template isn't as kind to the shoulder stripes and I'm not the hugest fan of the bigger collar. If you were going to change fonts at least change it to the old custom font shown below. 

image.jpeg

There's like a million schools outside the p5 using that font

I like the new VT font...for basketball uniforms. Not so much on the football unis. I really liked the block font, and felt it just fit well with the overall look. The new font - along with the small, thinner shoulder stripes - just doesn't seem to do the look justice. It's too thin on the front. But that's my thoughts on it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On April 22, 2016 at 11:56 AM, hawk36 said:

Ah found it. I think the problem with this, and the existing, is it's a negative image (shadows are yellow and highlights are red). If they used the new one, as is on the helmet, it would be much improved.

vry4n7.jpgUSC.jpg

This with a red mask and  bingo!  Just makes sense in so many ways.

does anyone else see that since the majority of the logo is red (especially near the outlines) and thus would get lost on a real helmet when moving and further than 10ft away. its not a good helmet logo for USC, and definitely not better than the current that has plenty of yellow in it to allow you to tell what it is and not get lost. 

7 hours ago, dont care said:

does anyone else see that since the majority of the logo is red (especially near the outlines) and thus would get lost on a real helmet when moving and further than 10ft away. its not a good helmet logo for USC, and definitely not better than the current that has plenty of yellow in it to allow you to tell what it is and not get lost. 

The current helmet logo is a negative of the actual logo...so if they did a negative version of new Tommy (like they did in '92), it might not look terrible.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 4/23/2016 at 11:15 PM, Sk2k said:

What are some teams overdue for new uniforms? Boston College jumps to the forefront, theyve been wearing the same digs since 2011-ish

Let them win a conference game first. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

8 hours ago, LEWJ said:

I really like this...

That is pretty cool, if not a little disorienting...

I'm sure most won't be shocked, but I'm always amazed at how precise the designs are cut into fields by the grounds crews.  Looking at both sidelines at the 50s, that Northwestern stripe design is symmetrical to an inch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

My eyes are hurting just by looking at the before picture....

Glad you said this... I thought for sure ESPN screwed up. But yea, that really is the before/after. According to the AU grounds crew Twitter, they were planning to resod anyway. Will be done in May.

https://twitter.com/AU_Grounds_Crew/status/725021551117127681?s=09

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On 4/23/2016 at 8:04 PM, djam2410 said:

I hope they don't stray to far from this. Definitely one of my favorite uniform sets that we have had. KEEP the matte helmet, eliminate the curves around the shoulders and this set is a keeper . 

19463134-mmmain.jpg

USATSI_8894991.jpg

The vibe I'm getting from the concepts, the Cal message boards, and articles is a desire to go more traditional e.g. bringing back the Joe Roth memorial unis cal-03-07-bluegoldthrowback-johnpyle-ver

A modernization of those unis (darker blue, matte blue helmet, custom number font, etc.) would be awesome.

LAKERS | BRONCOS | GOLDEN BEARS | PAC-12 FOOTBALL

Archived