College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Except prior to the 2000s.  Rutgers usually had a striped helmet in the 80s and 90s.

You are right. The Rutgers that I grew up watching had the plain helmets with the R but IMO that is their best helmet

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I like the new unis, I hope our next set brings back the metal helmet (not necessarily with the battle scars...) and look similar to the modern classic that the Bucs ditched:

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_BACK_BUCCANEERS_9520

This color helmet:

76f6da2431771062411da4e5756dcdaa.jpg

This logo on the sleeve:

-db1eced9efd46cc5.JPG

(black knight, red plume obviously)

Meh. 

There's two different grey jerseys. That's pretty stupid. The Pegasus logo doesn't work on the sleeve, and it's not that great of a design to be used on a sports uniform. I'd be okay with it at the neck or on the back of the helmet, but nothing bigger than that. I do like the helmet stripe, and I guess they're not using Michigan States numbers anymore, so that's a start. 

Gotta love Nike saying, "Oh, let's remove gold because spaceships are black and white and there's a space center sort of close to Orlando so it works."

spacer.png

Whenever I see stuff like UCF, my first thought is the expression "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". Two grey jerseys and no gold Jersey is ridiculous, and overall not enough gold. Things I do like? The Pegasus is cool, the big helmet logo works, and the Gold helmet looks sweet. Also, I love the new Rutgers look.

Those UCF unis look gorgeous.... in the promos. Any time there's a lightly shaded design on a white or black uniform it almost always looks great in the promo shots, and terrible on the field. I like the pegasus design in theory, but I'll need to see what they look like in actual lighting before judging fully. Also I don't mind the lack of gold, they haven't actually been the golden knights in years and their gold unis looked like trash anyway.

5 hours ago, Sk2k said:

I think the fans have actually been waiting for the program to turn around and win a few games, not endless uniform combos

You know... we finished 9-4 in 2014 and that was the year after winning the Fiesta Bowl, right? Anyway these are great and so much better than the ones that were worn when I was there. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

9 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

You know... we finished 9-4 in 2014 and that was the year after winning the Fiesta Bowl, right? Anyway these are great and so much better than the ones that were worn when I was there. 

Yeah, well you went 0-12 last year and look like a dumpster fire now, so...

Yes, I have no room to talk about how bad a football program is, as KU also went 0-12 and also looks like a dumpster fire.

7 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

Yes, I have no room to talk about how bad a football program is, as KU also went 0-12 and also looks like a dumpster fire.

Yep, last year looked really, really bad. Bad coaching, poor recruiting, but we will be back to .500 this year, and as far as the uni's the students and the fans didn't like the gold jersey's and I am one of them. I am glad they are gone. The only thing I wish they would have done was include the state of Florida on the uni's or helmets. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

2 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Plus, KU has been a dumpster fire for a few years :P

The two gray jerseys ruin this set.  Really no need for anthracite and pewter.   Maybe 2% will really notice.

The white helmet looks pretty awesome in the photos - the redesign of the helmet stripe really looks cool.  Second place is the gold helmet.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

Meh. 

There's two different grey jerseys. That's pretty stupid. The Pegasus logo doesn't work on the sleeve, and it's not that great of a design to be used on a sports uniform. I'd be okay with it at the neck or on the back of the helmet, but nothing bigger than that. I do like the helmet stripe, and I guess they're not using Michigan States numbers anymore, so that's a start. 

Gotta love Nike saying, "Oh, let's remove gold because spaceships are black and white and there's a space center sort of close to Orlando so it works."

Anyone else scared that the coach plans to change these out in 2 years?

Also, if Nike can bring back huge shoulder numbers, Ohio State should have them on immediately. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived