College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

You know... we finished 9-4 in 2014 and that was the year after winning the Fiesta Bowl, right? Anyway these are great and so much better than the ones that were worn when I was there. 

Yeah i know about 2014, and I remember rooting for you guys in 2013 against Baylor, but 0-12 is one way to forget about success 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing they're considering getting new threads in 2 years because these have "placeholder" written all over them.

Shame too, they've got some very interesting design elements to work with. 

Midway.png

I do like the large logo on the helmet. It seems to work well with the diagonal flow of the UCF. 

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

UCF would have been better off had they done an all-gold uniform instead of two gray uniforms.

Unfortunately I think wsu started the double gray thing,..I'm waiting for the 1st program to unveil 3 grays...ash, anthracite, and obsidian.

1 hour ago, Fassy said:

I do like the large logo on the helmet. It seems to work well with the diagonal flow of the UCF. 

Yeah, on one side of the helmet. On the other, it runs exactly against the grain. 

Mixed feelings, to be honest. Some good, some bad.

Love:

The pegasus on the shoulder
The stripe over the helmet
No more ugly pants stripe
The stripe below the shoulder
Bigger uniform numbers

Hate:

No more gold jerseys
No more gold pants
Not one, but two shades of gray

We look like the Oakland Raiders

7 minutes ago, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

ohhh i've been here for a few seasons now...it just never ceases to amaze me how one sided-ly negative this thread can be.

Companies and teams design better uniforms, we won't be as negative.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

43 minutes ago, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

ohhh i've been here for a few seasons now...it just never ceases to amaze me how one sided-ly negative this thread can be.

It's a cycle. By the time those UCF uniforms hit the field, a lot of people on here will have come around to them.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:27 PM, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

jesus you people are impossible to please

Their colors are Black and Gold and they don't have a single gold jersey or gold pants...yet they have 2 different gray jerseys. 

People have the right to critique the uniforms. Don't be so sensitive buddy.

2 hours ago, JPDesign said:

It's a cycle. By the time those UCF uniforms hit the field, a lot of people on here will have come around to them.

I think we can all agree that having two gray uniforms (both dark gray) is pretty stupid, no matter when the season starts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On May 6, 2016 at 0:27 PM, RollDamnHawkeyes said:

jesus you people are impossible to please

I mean, the general consensus seemed to be positive towards both the Rutgers and Clemson changes. It's just when a team tries too hard, a la Purdue, the feedback turns negative. UCF's new look isn't bad, but the lack of gold is.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

4 hours ago, JPDesign said:

Unless they put stripes on those pants, you won't see people like me coming around. Plain pants look so generic and frankly, cheap. 

spacer.png

im ok with no gold for UCF because the gold material they use is one of the ugliest things ive ever seen - their previous gold jersey, which is really a shade of tan - was atrocious. i think its best to have no "gold" option at all if thats what they have to choose from. i do like the way they have incorporated gold into the uniform details though. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

17 hours ago, nuordr said:

Unless they put stripes on those pants, you won't see people like me coming around. Plain pants look so generic and frankly, cheap. 

I think it depends on the overall layout of the uniform; to me, plain pants aren't a general flaw. If the helmet or jersey has stripes or something (which UCF would fall under), then yes, plain pants can look out of place. But if you're a team with a stripeless helmet and jersey, then striped pants may look pretty out of place. I mean, I'd never want Notre Dame to have pants stripes just for the sake of it. They'd look pretty strange.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived