College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

21 hours ago, nuordr said:

Unless they put stripes on those pants, you won't see people like me coming around. Plain pants look so generic and frankly, cheap. 

What about Texas??

Florida+Atlantic+v+Texas+oPJis8FPKfll.jp

Plain pants can still look great if done the right way, i wont write it off completely 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything I would love to see the Florida Gators have an alternate gray uniform for football.  They did that a few times with an alternate gray uni in basketball a few years ago and they looked sweet.  A gray uni with blue numerals and orange trim would look awesome, it would blend in very well. If Nike wants to do a GFGS for schools, why not the Gators IMO!! :):D

8 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

If anything I would love to see the Florida Gators have an alternate gray uniform for football.  They did that a few times with an alternate gray uni in basketball a few years ago and they looked sweet.  A gray uni with blue numerals and orange trim would look awesome, it would blend in very well. If Nike wants to do a GFGS for schools, why not the Gators IMO!! :):D

I'm surprised they haven't done this to Ohio State yet. Oklahoma State has them and have done it, Toledo as well. I think it would look horrible for Florida unless they commit to orange helmets and pants to go with it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Sk2k said:

West Virginia has new helmet pride stickers, courtesy of Uniswag

image.jpeg

I'm in agreement with whomever said West Virginia's practice jerseys should be their game jerseys. These look as solid as the navy blue jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 hours ago, djam2410 said:

What about Texas??

Florida+Atlantic+v+Texas+oPJis8FPKfll.jp

Plain pants can still look great if done the right way, i wont write it off completely 

Plain pants are okay for some teams, but I was speaking only about UCF as they have a nice looking stripe on the helmet that would also look great on the pants. Texas is fine as they are old school. My problem is with Nike, Adidas, the other companies doing re-designs and giving teams solid plain pants over the last few years. The ones I hated the most were: Arizona State, Arizona, Oregon, Purdue, UCF, Louisville, Miami (Nike), Wake Forest, UNLV, Michigan State. 

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Sk2k said:

West Virginia has new helmet pride stickers, courtesy of Uniswag

image.jpeg

Eh, thumbs down in my opinion. The Mountaineer statue logo is so ridiculously detailed, it doesn't work shrunken down like that.  If anything I think the WV state outline sticker featured on the helmet would be better as a spirit sticker.

Overall this screams unnecessary to me, hopefully this is just a practice/spring ball thing. But then again, I'll openly admit that change scares me.  

90758391980.gif

21 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I feel bad for the equipment managers for schools that use pride stickers as well as multiple helmets

Yeah, it's rough.. Especially for teams like Ohio State, who give them away fairly liberally as part of the overall helmet aesthetic, or Clemson, who have them arranged in a specific pattern.. We do them like Clemson, and it can be brutal.. It'd be nice to just hand a kid a sheet of 4 stickers and tell him "have at it", but we have a specific arrangement, so I have to do each helmet every week..

Also, I think WV could go the Clemson/Georgia route, and use a musket/rifle as their decal instead of the full body mountaineer.

59 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Also, I think WV could go the Clemson/Georgia route, and use a musket/rifle as their decal instead of the full body mountaineer.

Agreed. I think the body decal is a bit cumbersome.

gYH2mW9.png

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Ragin Cajuns with a uni refresh..looks like the uni news is picking up now

CiC-xGpUUAEedUN.jpg

CiC-xGoUoAApfkg.jpg

CiC-xGqU4AA7bIJ.jpg

in my opinion this is another piece of evidence that the post-pro combat era is ending. the Cajuns didn't have anything too radical last year i dont think (save for the alternates) but this is their new brand - who they want to be going forward and what they feel represents them best right now. this uniform is closer to something you would have seen in the 60s than something from 2014. and this coming from an adidas school. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived