College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

The fashion pendulum always swings back and forth so you're seeing a reversion back to traditional sports styling (i.e. stripes). There's nothing nice about these uniforms though as they are exact copies of nebraska who already has issues with wisconsin copying them.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

No black? And this definitely looks like Nebraska.

My thought as well. They have red, black, gold and white available and have gone to the most boring look possible. Granted, some of their other Russell designs were a bit . . . . wild.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, rsaline said:

But it's so much quieter, like someone stuck a pacifier in it's mouth.

That's just because of the colors that they are on, for what ever reason the pattern doesn't show up as well on bright red and white.

Not a bad look, but I liked the Fleur-de-lis on the shoulder, seen below. It has Louisiana written all over it and it gives the uniform some personality.

Now they just look like Nebraska with a different number font.

Elijah-McGuire-UL-Lafayette-2015.jpg

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think that's a horrible look for Louisiana. 

Both are bad, for different reasons. The old one had some good designs but looked really cheap. The new ones should look great but are foiled by an awful template that's warping the shoulder stripes. It's gonna be just like what nebraska deals with.

3 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

if you add black then you could say they look like NC State or a Stanford alternate. i think they're relying on the number font and wordmark on the chest to carry the design

Very good point. Adding black would've definitely given it an NC State feel, so either way you go they're gonna look like somebody

The font and wordmark, to me, are certainly enough to carry it and distinguish themselves (not to mention the fleur-de-lis on the pants and the "RAGIN' CAJUNS" mark remaining on the helmets). It isn't by any means a perfect uniform, but it's still a distinguishable and serviceable Ragin' Cajuns look. I don't think I'll be confusing them for Nebraska or Wisconsin when I flip the channels.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

My thought as well. They have red, black, gold and white available and have gone to the most boring look possible. Granted, some of their other Russell designs were a bit . . . . wild.

They really don't have gold available. That color is BARELY used in one of their logo elements....the University doesn't ever use it in any other capacity. Maybe adding some black in there in some spots would be better....but I think this is a solid look for them. Much better than most of the crap that Russel came up with for ULL.

gYH2mW9.png

7 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

They look like the old USL Ragin' Cajuns again.

image.jpeg

Just because they wore it before doesn't mean it's a good look. It's way too similar to Nebraska and Wisconsin. For some reason, even with the standard Russell piping, I loved these. 460x.jpg

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wear that red over white and white over red and it's a winner.

"Of course it's a winner," said the Cornhuskers and Badgers.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Just because they wore it before doesn't mean it's a good look. It's way too similar to Nebraska and Wisconsin. For some reason, even with the standard Russell piping, I loved these. 460x.jpg

How often do they play Nebraska and Wisconsin though? It's not like they're in the same division these days as those two. I just don't see the issue if they look similar, personally. 

I am disappointed though that they're not showing a fleur-de-lis helmet. Those were so sharp IMO. Hopefully they work them in again at some point. 

ull-football-associated-press.jpg

I like like one they used to wear years ago as well. A throwback uniform with this logo could be cool. 

lindsey-eric-1997-a.jpg

Archived