College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

20 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

From Zach Banner's SnapChat. 

New collar design for USC. If it's real it's probably the only update I'm ok with on the USC home uniforms. 

image.jpeg

Awesome update, kinda wish they made it yellow instead of see through (so you could actually somewhat see it on tv), but it's still nice.

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Matte black with a white mask?

Ghastly.

When you're at the point where you see a black and white helmet with no other design features and you call it ghastly, you might want to re-evaluate your grump level.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usc being my favorite set in the Pac10, I prefer a naked collar/shoulder.  Think Penn State circa 2011.

The Pac10 logo itself takes up a lot of space so with a 3rd element it's busy.

Any Nike sets left that don't have the collar logo?  BCS teams specifically.   

Maybe LSU is my best guess.

7 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Usc being my favorite set in the Pac12, I prefer a naked collar/shoulder.  Think Penn State circa 2011.

The Pac12 logo itself takes up a lot of space so with a 3rd element it's busy.

Any Nike sets left that don't have the collar logo?  BCS teams specifically.   

Maybe LSU is my best guess.

FTFY

nope unless you mean something different than the SEC Logo

3122676.jpg

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

When you're at the point where you see a black and white helmet with no other design features and you call it ghastly, you might want to re-evaluate your grump level.

Nope.  Just because things can be even worse doesn't give something that ugly a pass.

Again, ghastly.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nope.  Just because things can be even worse doesn't give something that ugly a pass.

Again, ghastly.

yea, im going to ask Ball State to get off my lawn too. you literally couldn't create more contrast between the the facemask and shell and its very jarring and cheap looking. the mask actually takes your eye away from the logo - which i think is a mirror finish vinyl and that sucks too. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 hours ago, rroy0824 said:

This is pretty small, but still kind of interesting.  It looks like Michigan is beginning to Photoshop the Adidas logo off their jersey.

13323164_10154858089723625_9808039539527

I say just take the Adidas, Nike, Under Armor, Russell, and every other damn logo off the uniforms all together. Look how much better the Michigan jersey looks without the Adidas logo crowding it.

14 hours ago, rroy0824 said:

This is pretty small, but still kind of interesting.  It looks like Michigan is beginning to Photoshop the Adidas logo off their jersey.

They may not have officially switched over to Nike until July 1st but coaches were already trying out Nike gear during camp. I'm not sure why they took the adidas logos off other than that reason. It's still a pretty nice design though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Possible Ohio State throwback. Looks awesome and looks lik it is on the new Oregon template from their bowl game. I don't know what the black tag is inside the collar. Almost looks like a third party manufacturer, made to Nike's specs? Similar to how Ripon has some of the NFL uniforms (non Elite 51) and they just slap a swoosh on them?

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Possible Ohio State throwback. Looks awesome and looks lik it is on the new Oregon template from their bowl game. I don't know what the black tag is inside the collar. Almost looks like a third party manufacturer, made to Nike's specs? Similar to how Ripon has some of the NFL uniforms (non Elite 51) and they just slap a swoosh on them?

image.jpeg

i believe that is the Vapor Untouchable template. would make sense for them to throw back to the 1916 team this year with this design, though if they're wearing gray pants i think its more accurate to say fauxback. can't wait to see it on the field

1113-chic-harley.jpg

imgres.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

18 hours ago, rroy0824 said:

They may not have officially switched over to Nike until July 1st but coaches were already trying out Nike gear during camp. I'm not sure why they took the adidas logos off other than that reason. It's still a pretty nice design though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i believe that is the Vapor Untouchable template. would make sense for them to throw back to the 1916 team this year with this design, though if they're wearing gray pants i think its more accurate to say fauxback. can't wait to see it on the field

1113-chic-harley.jpg

imgres.jpg

I was just getting ready to say this as well. I'm uessing this would be worn in the first home game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1113-chic-harley.jpg

imgres.jpg

You're right, it's absolutely the Vapor Untouchable template that Oregon debuted in the Alamo Bowl (as well as NFL Pro Bowl), but I was commenting that I don't recognize the black collar tag. It doesn't look like any Nike tag I've ever seen them produce.

I'm surprised Prairie View A&M hasn't just spent the money to update a really bad logo.  Only reasons I can of why they haven't is they're too attached to it or just unwilling to do a logo change and/or rebrand due to cost.

19 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

You're right, it's absolutely the Vapor Untouchable template that Oregon debuted in the Alamo Bowl (as well as NFL Pro Bowl), but I was commenting that I don't recognize the black collar tag. It doesn't look like any Nike tag I've ever seen them produce.

yea im not sure what that is either. it could be something Nike has added to the VU jersey template, or possibly just a historic detail they've done for this specific uniform. but i would go with the former at this point; i dont think they would go to such trouble in intricate detail when the front of the jersey has, at least to my knowledge, a front number that is not historically accurate, and a set of pants that is also not accurate. i might be wrong on that though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

yea im not sure what that is either. it could be something Nike has added to the VU jersey template, or possibly just a historic detail they've done for this specific uniform. but i would go with the former at this point; i dont think they would go to such trouble in intricate detail when the front of the jersey has, at least to my knowledge, a front number that is not historically accurate, and a set of pants that is also not accurate. i might be wrong on that though

Did the NCAA mandate number size on the front of the jerseys? Just wondering since that 1916 uniform would not actually have numbers on it if done correctly. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived