College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course not, just amazed that someone espousing to be a Penn State fan would make that connection with another school. Obviously the sarcasm button is broken on my computer. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Of course not, just amazed that someone espousing to be a Penn State fan would make that connection with another school. Obviously the sarcasm button is broken on my computer. 

psu has the most tone-deaf fanbase in cfb with baylor taking spot #2

6 minutes ago, bowld said:

New Ducks jersey?

productImages%2f_2460000%2fff_2460096_fu

Ummm . . . . It has one of the school colors! I actually like it, but it seems like it should be a fashion jersey instead of a game day jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This new Oregon font reminds me of the new Milwaukee Bucks font. I like it. 

BTW, late to the ISU party, but I really like that white helmet. Too bad it has a tapered stripe though. 

And for MTSU:

Yeah, I would think those unis are the gray ones....they look to be light gray on my laptop and not cream.

Hmm. It looks cream on both my phone (where I posted the pic from) and on my desktop (where I am now). You're probably right though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

And for MTSU:

Hmm. It looks cream on both my phone (where I posted the pic from) and on my desktop (where I am now). You're probably right though.

Just looked on my cell and it DEFINITELY looks to be cream on here. But it was undeniably gray on my laptop. Crazy how colors can look so different on different devices.

gYH2mW9.png

5 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

If it were a new jersey for Oregon, why would they be advertising a past player?

Just sayin.... 

Heisman winner, most well known player, can't sell jerseys with current players name, shall I go on?

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

If it were a new jersey for Oregon, why would they be advertising a past player?

Just sayin.... 

Nike released a collection of alumni jerseys today, that's where this is from. I would guess this is a fashion jersey. If it's not a fashion jersey, maybe it's a replica of the yellow mach speed jersey they've never used (akin to the alamo bowl uniforms Mariota wore with the elongated wings)? The font is interesting, but I can't see this being a jersey that'll hit the field. 

http://247sports.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Oregon_Ducks/search/alumni_jersey

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Heisman winner, most well known player, can't sell jerseys with current players name, shall I go on?

The problem is, in the past, Nike hasn't used past players/Heisman winners when selling updated designs that are worn on field.  It is weird that they'd be selling a Mariota jersey considering he never wore that design and is no longer on the team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

Just looked on my cell and it DEFINITELY looks to be cream on here. But it was undeniably gray on my laptop. Crazy how colors can look so different on different devices.

It looks gray on my cell phone. 

I think we've stumbled upon the man's version of is the dress blue or gold. 

20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Pretty sure Penn State would know about prison outfits.

Made the joke before I could. Well done, sir.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The problem is, in the past, Nike hasn't used past players/Heisman winners when selling updated designs that are worn on field.  It is weird that they'd be selling a Mariota jersey considering he never wore that design and is no longer on the team.

They have before, Eddie George, Hershall Walker and Charles Woodson have had Nike jerseys made. Walker and George jerseys were current models rather than the jerseys they played in. I think in this case thpugh, it's the first time they've introduced a new uniform with a former player. Since more schools are going away from using current player numbers this will happen more often.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They have before, Eddie George, Hershall Walker and Charles Woodson have had Nike jerseys made. Walker and George jerseys were current models rather than the jerseys they played in. I think in this case thpugh, it's the first time they've introduced a new uniform with a former player. Since more schools are going away from using current player numbers this will happen more often.

Wait, are schools going away from using current player numbers?  Is this new?  Last year, all the apparel companies used current players for replica jerseys, except for Florida (still choice of 1 or 96).  Nike, UA, and adidas haven't been sued for selling current player jerseys (with no name).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

More schools are going away from using current player numbers?  Is this new?  Last year, all the apparel companies used current players for replica jerseys, except for Florida (still choice of 1 or 96).  Nike, UA, and adidas haven't been sued for selling current player jerseys (with no name).

I think Florida State announced that they would start going to using a set amount of numbers rather than the top players' numbers due to the O'Bannon lawsuit and not knowing if they'd have to start paying out royalties to current players. Some teams allow for customized uniforms now (Army, Air Force, Cal and others). The only caveat is that you can't put the player's last name on the back.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived