College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

There were quite a few schools that opted not to use current players' numbers last year. Many either go with historical numbers, or things like #1. Some have been using the year as well (15, 16, etc). Here's an article from last summer on it: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/06/sports/ncaafootball/days-of-selling-popular-college-players-jerseys-seem-numbered.html?_r=0

If I remember correctly, a player changed their number to 15 last year because he wanted "his" jersey to be sold. Can't remember what school that was though...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The problem is, in the past, Nike hasn't used past players/Heisman winners when selling updated designs that are worn on field.  It is weird that they'd be selling a Mariota jersey considering he never wore that design and is no longer on the team.

Nike, adidas and Under Armour did this a couple of years ago as a part of a deal with the NFLPA that allowed them to put alumni names/numbers on current college replicas. They were pretty popular here, when adidas did it the first time. 

With most schools now going the generic number route (about 1/3 of Power 5 schools did it last year, I'm told the percentage is going way up this year), this is another way for the three companies to keep the jersey business going and even expand it past the current relatively small market that makes up each school's jersey sales. All it costs them is the small extra licensing fee, which added $5 to the cost of the jerseys at retail last time around, looks to be similar now.  

1 hour ago, frosty06306 said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/127385/college-football-roundtable-best-uniforms

College football roundtable: Best uniforms

"ACC: Pittsburgh

Big Ten: Michigan

Big 12: Baylor

Pac 12: Oregon

SEC: LSU"

Personal Picks - FSU, Michigan, Kansas State, USC, LSU

ACC: Clemson

Big 12: Texas

Pac 12: Oregon State

SEC: Florida

Oregon State's is my favorite, love every aspect of their uniforms.

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Please use a number font modeled after the basketball font. 

Oh God no.  I kinda wish they could come up with something unique, but I'm expecting something pretty plain.

I guess I'll join in...

ACC: Clemson

B1G: Iowa 

BIG XII: Oklahoma 

PAC: USC

SEC: Georgia

American: Temple

C-USA: Rice

MAC: Ball State

MWC: San Diego State 

Sun Belt: Georgia State 

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

5 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/127385/college-football-roundtable-best-uniforms

College football roundtable: Best uniforms

"ACC: Pittsburgh

Big 12: Baylor

Pac 12: Oregon

SEC: LSU"

Personal Picks - FSU, Michigan, Kansas State, USC, LSU

is this based on asthetics only or are they mixing in tradition like they always do?

ACC: North Carolina

B1G: Michigan State

Big 12: K-State

PAC 12: Stanford

SEC: LSU

American: Temple

C-USA: Rice

MAC: Ohio

MWC: Wyoming (new unis)

Sun Belt: Troy

honorable mentions: Colorado, UCLA, Georgia, Coastal Carolina

Archived