College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

5 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Oh God no.  I kinda wish they could come up with something unique, but I'm expecting something pretty plain.

I was wondering if they would possibly use the number font in the marketing material itself. (Or something close to it).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ACC: North Carolina

B1G: Ohio State

BIG XII: Iowa State

PAC: USC

SEC: Arkansas

This exercise taught me how I really don't like very many college football uniforms.  Most schools that should have good uniforms mar them with stupid trends.

Big XII has the best, as I love Iowa State and both Oklahoma and Kansas State would have been atop any of the other conferences.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/127385/college-football-roundtable-best-uniforms

College football roundtable: Best uniforms

"ACC: Pittsburgh

Big Ten: Michigan

Big 12: Baylor

Pac 12: Oregon

SEC: LSU"

Personal Picks - FSU, Michigan, Kansas State, USC, LSU

Baylor?!! 

ACC: UNC

B12: Texas

Pac 12: Stanford

SEC: LSU 

American: Navy

8 hours ago, jtsteward said:

I was wondering if they would possibly use the number font in the marketing material itself. (Or something close to it).

My gut feeling tells me they are getting everyone revved up and hyped up for nothing.  Outside of the UA logo and maybe materials, I bet the uniforms and helmets will look exactly the same. I think Paul Chryst is even more hardcore old school than Alvarez, which is why the red helmets were already scrapped last year.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

My gut feeling tells me they are getting everyone revved up and hyped up for nothing.  Outside of the UA logo and maybe materials, I bet the uniforms and helmets will look exactly the same. I think Paul Chryst is even more hardcore old school than Alvarez, which is why the red helmets were already scrapped last year.

Only way I can see a significant change is if they did what Oklahoma did under John Blake and changed the sleeve striping. Oklahoma went in the toilet, he went away and they went back to looking like Oklahoma. So maybe he takes the sleeves off and moved the numbers to the sleeves? I'm thinking they'll probably get a new custom font that will carry across all sports as well. That seems to be the current trend now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

49 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Only way I can see a significant change is if they did what Oklahoma did under John Blake and changed the sleeve striping. Oklahoma went in the toilet, he went away and they went back to looking like Oklahoma. So maybe he takes the sleeves off and moved the numbers to the sleeves? I'm thinking they'll probably get a new custom font that will carry across all sports as well. That seems to be the current trend now.

I wouldn't be against a custom font of some kind.  I'm looking more forward to seeing the basketball uniforms than anything else.  I've hated what they've had for basketball under Adidas, but I guess they did manage to avoid most of the garbage a lot of the other Adidas schools got, like sleeves, and more recently gradient.

I'll just throw my conference uni hat in the ring real quick,

ACC: North Carolina, Carolina blue and argyle is pure eye candy, even though the black unis aren't necessary at all, they're not completely awful. FSU's previous uniforms would've taken this spot in a flash.

Big 10: Ohio State, tough looking old school football. Scarlet and silver is a great scheme.

Big 12: Texas, all they need is burnt orange and white (oklahoma state came close)

Pac 12: USC or UCLA, I guess more recently USC. Please keep playing color on color you two

Sec: Georgia. Silver britches!!!

and for the others

AAC: ECU

C-USA: Louisiana Tech

MAC: Toledo

MWC: I actually like quite a few, Boise State, SDSU, Wyoming and Colorado State. Air Force is probably my favorite though.

Sun Belt: UL Lafayette 

Also, I really hope Wisconsin brings the red helmets back some day and I think they would benefit alot from a custom font. Maybe different striping? Something like TAMU based off the Bucky the badger? 

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Big 10: Ohio State, tough looking old school football. Scarlet and silver is a great scheme.

If you like old school football, you really can't go wrong with the Big Ten.  Besides OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska/Wisconsin and Indiana all have very timeless looks.  

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/4/2016 at 6:04 PM, Germanshepherd said:

From Zach Banner's SnapChat. 

New collar design for USC. If it's real it's probably the only update I'm ok with on the USC home uniforms. 

image.jpeg

I basically hate the Trojans ... but you gotta respect how they go all out for Cardinal and Gold: only stitch of white I've seen anywhere is the obligatory road white jersey. No stripes, logo accents, piping, no white or any other color ... and they have yet to give in and adopt an alternate uniform.

Wish more teams would learn to love their own colors ... the explosion of black jersey alternates seems kinda cool, unless black is your team's main color.  If black is your color, where do you go for a cool alternate look?  We went with gray which looks fairly cool, and white-out and blackout looks - where only helmet logo, jersey number, player name and COLORADO are not white or black.  These three alternates come compete with glow-in-the-dark numerals:

N91irLc.png  

Still, we don't even have the best alternates in our own state. Most people think Air Force takes that honor ... anybody disagree?

sohebtb.png

wS7MJ6T.png

On 1/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Rumor is that Under Armor is trying to get every collegiate program in the state of Maryland under it's banner. They already have Maryland, Navy and Towson. Most recently I've heard that the state's HBCUs (Morgan State, Coppin State, Maryland-Eastern Shore & Bowie State) will all be making the jump from Russell to UA in the next year.

SN: Is every college program in the state of Oregon signed with Nike? I know the Ducks, Beavers and Portland State are. No clue about the others.

Under Armor is based in Baltimore, so, as with Nike in Oregon, it kinda makes sense.

I can report on my first day here (great board)  that Under Armor has signed a comprehensive contract with UCLA.  They'll replace Adidas for all UCLA sports starting in 2017.

This Bruins Nation link tells the full story, they even managed to get the full UA-UCLA contract, which is VERY interesting. 

IMG_0011.0.0.JPG

wS7MJ6T.png

4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

If you like old school football, you really can't go wrong with the Big Ten.  Besides OSU, Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska/Wisconsin and Indiana all have very timeless looks.  

Agree with the first six but Indiana looks like they change very frequently from the looks of a google image search.

Meaning it's actually the SEC who has the most -  LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, Auburn, UGA, Florida, and Tenn never change their sets. 

ACC: 1) North Carolina  2) Va Tech

Big10: 1) Ohio State  2) Penn State

Big12: 1) Texas  2) Kansas State

SEC: 1) LSU  2) Auburn

Pac10: 1) Southern Cal  2) Stanford

Others: 1) Notre Dame 2) Brigham Young

4 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

I basically hate the Trojans ... but you gotta respect how they go all out for Cardinal and Gold: only stitch of white I've seen anywhere is the obligatory road white jersey. No stripes, logo accents, piping, no white or any other color ... and they have yet to give in and adopt an alternate uniform.

Wish more teams would learn to love their own colors ... the explosion of black jersey alternates seems kinda cool, unless black is your team's main color.  If black is your color, where do you go for a cool alternate look?  We went with gray which looks fairly cool, and white-out and blackout looks - where only helmet logo, jersey number, player name and COLORADO are not white or black.  These three alternates come compete with glow-in-the-dark numerals:

N91irLc.png  

Still, we don't even have the best alternates in our own state. Most people think Air Force takes that honor ... anybody disagree?

sohebtb.png

That's their ugliest set right there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

I can report on my first day here (great board)  that Under Armor has signed a comprehensive contract with UCLA.  They'll replace Adidas for all UCLA sports starting in 2017.

This Bruins Nation link tells the full story, they even managed to get the full UA-UCLA contract, which is VERY interesting. 

IMG_0011.0.0.JPG

already been posted

1 hour ago, dont care said:

hell to the no

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's their ugliest set right there.

Yup.  Absolutely gross.  Especially when they trotted these out in 2010 (against Navy I think?)

One of the best helmets ever, IMO, literally just for the sheer uniqueness.  I've never seen a helmet in NCAAF like that one before or since.  Put that beauty up there with Michigan's winged domes..  

air+force+special+unis.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 6/9/2016 at 4:49 PM, frosty06306 said:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/127385/college-football-roundtable-best-uniforms

College football roundtable: Best uniforms

"ACC: Pittsburgh

Big 12: Baylor

Pac 12: Oregon

SEC: LSU"

Well, not everyone has good taste, right? ;)

This actually gives me an opportunity to list the best (or my favorites) so I'll do that:

ACC: North Carolina

B1G: Ohio State

SEC: LSU

XII: Texas

PAC-12: Stanford

(I'm not counting the alternate uniforms either)

4 hours ago, dont care said:

already been posted

Actually that was newly posted just yesterday on Bruins Nation .... full copy of the UCLA - Under Armor contract anyway. 

Probably should have just posted this link to the PDF file of the contract.  If that's been posted, ny hat's off to great work.

6Q4RCUm.png

wS7MJ6T.png

Archived