College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rickyISking said:

The funny thing about those UVA helmets is, you couldn't see the logo from about 10 feet away.

I'm a UVa fan and none of us liked that helmet. It was a last ditch effort to try and get fans excited. Now we can be excited by having a real coach, Mendenhall.

Why we would ever deviate from our regular navy blue helmet is beyond me. It's perfect for us.

We also wore this helmet last season. Bronco Mendenhall will end this crap thankfully. More wins and less ugly uniform combinations.

CPyOk8RWUAAwnLC.0.0.jpg

2 hours ago, williams said:

I'm a UVa fan and none of us liked that helmet. It was a last ditch effort to try and get fans excited. Now we can be excited by having a real coach, Mendenhall.

Why we would ever deviate from our regular navy blue helmet is beyond me. It's perfect for us.

We also wore this helmet last season. Bronco Mendenhall will end this crap thankfully. More wins and less ugly uniform combinations.

CPyOk8RWUAAwnLC.0.0.jpg

Hopefully Bronco starts to get a little homesick from BYU and brings these beauties back. 

USATSI_6652924-675x380.jpg

9 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Hopefully Bronco starts to get a little homesick from BYU and brings these beauties back. 

USATSI_6652924-675x380.jpg

Somebody posted UVA's new uniforms in this thread. Don't know which page though. Uses these jerseys, or a least jerseys based of this throwback.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:03 AM, tron1013 said:

So UVa has release a new 2016 poster that has this image (touting its players from the Virginia Beach "757" area code):

CilYPU0UoAAnJhp.jpg:large

I found it interesting that these jerseys are essentially the previous coaching regime's throwbacks, but they now have the V sabre logo on the collar rather than the old throwback logo.  Do we think this is a photoshop job or an indication of a new full time uniform?

Here it is ^^^^

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The jerseys in that graphic are photoshopped, but it's reported that we might be switching to those jerseys full-time this season, with the modern logo replacing the retro logo (like in the graphic). And based on what I've heard, we would pair that jersey with the regular blue helmet. Might not know if any of it's true for a while though. 

8 hours ago, razorback447 said:

To the Illinois folks on the board, has Lovie said anything about uniforms? He strikes me as a traditional/conservative guy so I was curious if he would keep using all of the potential combos from the most recent update. 

i would assume we will see all the jerseys (not counting gray). their marketing has fully embraced orange so i expect a lot of that

poster-chunky.jpgposter-lunt.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i would assume we will see all the jerseys (not counting gray). their marketing has fully embraced orange so i expect a lot of that

poster-chunky.jpgposter-lunt.jpg

I'd expect the Grey Ghost uniform to appear as well, hopefully against someone wearing darker colors. It's included in this promotional package.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

48 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd expect the Grey Ghost uniform to appear as well, hopefully against someone wearing darker colors. It's included in this promotional package.

What does "Oskee Wow Wow" mean? Oskee was what the defense yelled if an interception was made to alert everyone to block for the return back when I played in the 90s. 

same with most teams i've been a part of.. apparently Oskee (sp?) is a Polish? word meaning something to the effect of "we've gained control" or something of that sort.. it was explained to me once.. basically i was told that it was a word used in war that pretty much meant they had taken captured the enemy's base or whatever... but that could be completely off.. 

also, our team currently yells "WETSU" (prounounced wet-sue).. which stands for "We Eat That $#it Up"... i prefer Oskee though, mainly because it contrats so much more with anything else one might normally hear screamed out on a football field

EDIT: after some google searching, it seems possible that it could actually be "OSCI" (Our Side Caught It).. 

ANOTHER EDIT: more google searching led back to something closer to my original explanation.. Oskee Wow Wow may be a military term that means "Circle the Wagons", which could kinda loosely relate to everyone on defense regrouping and becoming blockers after an interception... although i do kinda find it odd that a team whose nickname refers to indigenous americans uses a term that typically references cowboys'/fronteirsmen's actions to defend against those same indigenous americans.

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Grey Ghost uniform will be worn this year. However, it won't be the same uniform worn the past two years.  There is going to be some slight changes to it for this season. 

4 hours ago, illini1 said:

The Grey Ghost uniform will be worn this year. However, it won't be the same uniform worn the past two years.  There is going to be some slight changes to it for this season. 

Great!  I love when Illinois wears Penn State's uniforms.

Archived