College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

So close to perfection, but the font's still wrong. And from the seam pattern, it looks like there's room for the stripes to loop all the way around the sleeves, which I wish they did.

All-in-all, though, it's not bad. I really disliked Adidas for a long time, but now that they're starting to phase out that hideous TechFit garbage and go back to making legitimate football uniforms, they aren't that bad anymore. Now if only they'd accept that sleeved basketball jerseys and Rev30 aren't any better than TechFit.

I don't think this is adidas' doing, I think is more the schools not falling for adidas' garbage and demanding regular uniforms or just going to ripon to make their uniforms for a year and just putting the adidas logo on them for their last year with them because they are so fed up.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCLA is much improved but that number font doesn't say UCLA to me. Use Clarendon and call it a day.  

9 hours ago, dont care said:

I don't think this is adidas' doing, I think is more the schools not falling for adidas' garbage and demanding regular uniforms or just going to ripon to make their uniforms for a year and just putting the adidas logo on them for their last year with them because they are so fed up.

This is one trend I'm glad TTUN started. UCLA looked like a pee wee team trying to look like UCLA and be super cool at the same time last year. The fact that the wording in their new contract specifically states they have final say on uniforms tells me that the last few years they were given no options to retain their classic look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

UCLA is much improved but that number font doesn't say UCLA to me. Use Clarendon and call it a day.  

This is one trend I'm glad TTUN started. UCLA looked like a pee wee team trying to look like UCLA and be super cool at the same time last year. The fact that the wording in their new contract specifically states they have final say on uniforms tells me that the last few years they were given no options to retain their classic look. 

It's not that they weren't given final say on their look, they were just contractually obligated to wear the latest template/materials that adidas offered. The TechFit and Shockweb materials made a mockery of the stripes, as we all know, and the "tire tread" made them even more unpopular. 

It looks like they went back to a traditional mesh and Ripon was able to fix the stripes into their template. UCLA had proposed this move several times, but had to wear the TechFits. I don't know why Wisconsin was given the option to avoid TechFit where UCLA was not. 

49 minutes ago, BRice16 said:

It's not that they weren't given final say on their look, they were just contractually obligated to wear the latest template/materials that adidas offered. The TechFit and Shockweb materials made a mockery of the stripes, as we all know, and the "tire tread" made them even more unpopular. 

It looks like they went back to a traditional mesh and Ripon was able to fix the stripes into their template. UCLA had proposed this move several times, but had to wear the TechFits. I don't know why Wisconsin was given the option to avoid TechFit where UCLA was not. 

Wisconsin was only able to avoid TechFit their final year too, Michigan was able to for most of their contract but that is because they are such a big school they have more power than any manufacturer could try to put on them.

1 hour ago, BRice16 said:

Being contractually obligated to do something is by definition forfeiting "final say" if ucla's ultimate choice was to revert back to the traditional jersey. What I find interesting is that they tinkered with the jersey between materials & number fonts every season Mora has been there. Hopefully with ua there can be some consistency. I'm also curious to see if they are keeping the tan tech fit pants or will revert back to a traditional gold.

31 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Being contractually obligated to do something is by definition forfeiting "final say" if ucla's ultimate choice was to revert back to the traditional jersey. What I find interesting is that they tinkered with the jersey between materials & number fonts every season Mora has been there. Hopefully with ua there can be some consistency. I'm also curious to see if they are keeping the tan tech fit pants or will revert back to a traditional gold.

Many of the players last season were wearing the traditional gold shiny pants so I would expect that to be the case once again this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Many of the players last season were wearing the traditional gold shiny pants so I would expect that to be the case once again this season.

Agree that pants looked more gold last year but I was referring more to the neuheisel era pants. Since they are reverting back to these jersey materials, I'm wondering if the pants are part of the switch.

.Tennessee+v+UCLA+GRSJkMs65dIl.jpg

3 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

unisnewwhiteX.jpgunisnewwithpants16XX.jpg

Sorry if the images are large. Story was posted on scout.com. I'd definitely say this is an unexpected surprise/upgrade. Looks like the pants are definitely shinier than they have been in recent history.

http://www.scout.com/college/ucla/story/1680339-ucla-and-mora-change-uniforms-for-2016?s=143

I don't like that font.  The top of the 6 looks like a pipe wrench.  

The font is the same as last year sans slashes. It was also used with the alts in prior seasons. Since it was likely an adidas element we won't see it after the season. Hopefully they put the tv numbers back on the sleeves like the blue sample because the road currently does not in that photo.

East Carolina joins the adidas branch in 10 days, if they plan on releasing the new football duds on July 1st, either they might want to hurry up, or they've been keeping it really closely guarded. Hell, I forgot about it until 5 minutes ago.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

That's basically what they are returning too, with just a slightly different number font

I specifically liked the double outline on the numbers of that older jersey. It made the number pop a little bit more. IIRC didn't the away jerseys from that set use the lighter shade of blue for the numbers instead of the traditional navy?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, goDEVILS said:

unisnewwhiteX.jpgunisnewwithpants16XX.jpg

Sorry if the images are large. Story was posted on scout.com. I'd definitely say this is an unexpected surprise/upgrade. Looks like the pants are definitely shinier than they have been in recent history.

http://www.scout.com/college/ucla/story/1680339-ucla-and-mora-change-uniforms-for-2016?s=143

When they go to under armour will they keep the shiny pants? From what we have seen with Notre Dame they seem incapable of shiny pants.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

When they go to under armour will they keep the shiny pants? From what we have seen with Notre Dame they seem incapable of shiny pants.

Well they will if they demand it. I think they get more control of the uni design with new UA deal. Hopefully they pay attention to all the little details.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Also let's see what happens with Wisconsin to have an idea of what UCLA might look like with UA next year.

Archived