College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

On 6/28/2016 at 8:39 AM, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

I don't like the white/black-only helmet for the blue jersey. I do like the bull logo though.

Other than that, no striping, generic number... blah

reminds me a lot of the Colorado makeover... the numbers, the jersey/pants combos, just cleaning up from the previous set. any coincidence that theyre both buffalo mascots?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, riccirulesall said:

reminds me a lot of the Colorado makeover... the numbers, the jersey/pants combos, just cleaning up from the previous set. any coincidence that theyre both buffalo mascots?

Buffalo's mascot is the bull... The helmet logo is that of a male cow, not a buffalo.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sorry the image is so small.

My friend who works for NMSU athletics has stated that they changed their official logo to this:

13438944_10153766277583932_125624928417419390_n.jpg

And for comparison, here is the old:

5519_new_mexico_state_aggies-primary-2007.png

So not a world of difference, but they are going with the NM State and dropping the logo from Pistol Pete's shirt.

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Sorry the image is so small.

My friend who works for NMSU athletics has stated that they changed their official logo to this:

13438944_10153766277583932_125624928417419390_n.jpg

Here's a larger version. The NM State Aggies twitter has this as their picture now

qqXBNQEK.jpg

3 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I don't like the black numbers at all on New Mexico State's new uniforms.... but... at least it will be easy to see. What's wrong with their current uniforms? Honestly, they are just fine as they are.

New manufacturer wants a new design to show off, school wants it too. It all equals $$$$

On 6/29/2016 at 9:09 PM, WSU151 said:

Buffalo's mascot is the bull... The helmet logo is that of a male cow, not a buffalo.  

There's actually no such thing as a male cow. The correct term is cattle, with the males being bulls and the females being cows. The weird part is that there's no singular, non-gendered term for cattle. And then there's the whole thing with "buffalo" actually being bison, and male and female bison also being bulls and cows.

So basically, language is silly.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, burgundy said:

There's actually no such thing as a male cow. The correct term is cattle, with the males being bulls and the females being cows. The weird part is that there's no singular, non-gendered term for cattle. And then there's the whole thing with "buffalo" actually being bison, and male and female bison also being bulls and cows.

So basically, language is silly.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program.

This won't get post of the day, but I feel like it deserves me mentioning that i think it should.

On 6/29/2016 at 9:30 AM, nuordr said:

It was a nice look for Loserville, until Bobby Petrino had to ruin it. 

Is Boston College updating their uniforms: 

This was a buzzkill.   The tweet above had nothing to do with uniforms.  Instead, BC Football shortened their Twitter handle.

Just now, WSU151 said:

This was a buzzkill.   The tweet above had nothing to do with uniforms.  Instead, BC Football shortened their Twitter handle.

Seriously? They tried to get people excited for a change of Twitter handle? My goodness.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

2 minutes ago, OldRamsFan said:

Seriously? They tried to get people excited for a change of Twitter handle? My goodness.

Lol, it used to be @BCFootballNews.  Fortunately, to put the general public at ease...the new Twitter handle is...get ready for it...@BCFootball.    

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Are you sure? I thought this was a new template.. And auburn didn't have those shoulder or sleeve inserts..

Yes, I'm sure

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Kennesaw SID is saying there's some fun news coming later in July, while the jerseys on the online store are now listed with '15 next to them. Considering how many people complained about the chrome, blobby numbers on our home jerseys I wouldn't be surprised if the team has either added to and/or revamped its uniforms after only one season. We'll see. The road unis are actually quite nice. 

Archived