College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

13 minutes ago, WeHailTheeCarolina said:

New UK uniforms tomorrow.

I'm scarred about the unveiling. I love our current template and I'm afraid Nike will provide solid pants without stripes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

I do know one of the main reasons for the new uniforms is to update the new logo. 

image.jpeg

spacer.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Davidellias said:

So technically this isn't a 2016 announcement, but there's been speculation that Wichita State will be reviving its football program. Now the school president has tweeted this picture.

CaTlqiwUsAAtW05.jpg

(What the hell are those purple waves)

Wow. I excited about the possibility of football coming back. But I would hate to see them come out in those helmets.

11 hours ago, coogrfan said:

I have been informed by UCF folks on an AAC board that I frequent that the new uni's will be mostly black and grey with their traditional gold being used solely as an accent color. We'll see. 

This is what I am hearing as well.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

18 hours ago, nuordr said:

I'm scarred about the unveiling. I love our current template and I'm afraid Nike will provide solid pants without stripes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

I do know one of the main reasons for the new uniforms is to update the new logo. 

image.jpeg

I with you nuordr on this one. The current template has been a home run since they unveiled it. THIS logo looks sterile AND generic and continues to.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

On 1/31/2016 at 11:18 AM, andycumbee19 said:

I LOVE that script, but the IU looks better on the helmet. 

I love both the red IU and red Indiana-script helmets.  Just please, IU, ditch the chrome helmet, the 17 variations on white helmets, the state-flag helmet, the number-on-one-side helmets and the pink IU helmets for Breast Cancer.  Just stick with two helmets:  Red with white IU and either red or white with opposite script Indiana and you are golden.  

On February 4, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Davidellias said:

So technically this isn't a 2016 announcement, but there's been speculation that Wichita State will be reviving its football program. Now the school president has tweeted this picture.

CaTlqiwUsAAtW05.jpg

(What the hell are those purple waves)

No clue on the waves but that Wichita State logo looks fantastic on the helmet by itself. 

10 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

No inside info, but my prediction is that Kentucky drops the checkerboard. With Tennessee on board with Nike and the checkerboard being their signature, I would think UK would go a different direction.

Nope, went the other direction. The checkerboard on the sleeve caps is even more prominent. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

New template for Kentucky, prominent checkers vs sublimated, a new number font that looks bad, and ruined the pants by removing the checkers.

They really hyped up this entire ordeal for this? It's more of a tweak than anything...

Oh yea, and a new alternate logo thingy

CadknuLW8AIP_85.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

3 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

I was. The Nike guy walk half asing it. Guess he was mad that he didn't get to goarrow-10x10.png to San Fran with the rest of the group. lol

All the UK fans in the comments hated it. I guess i'm ready for the Pirates' newarrow-10x10.png duds with Adidas....wait, nope!

The new Wildcat logo on the leg looks like a high school or FCS logo....The uniform is a downgrade IMO from the last set: 

Just now, Clintau24 said:

New template for Kentucky, prominent checkers vs sublimated, a new number font that looks bad, and ruined the pants by removing the checkers.

They really hyped up this entire ordeal for this? It's more of a tweak than anything...

They had to update the logo on all the uniforms, so yes, it is an update: These are a little bit better quality. 

Anthractie Uniform.JPG

Blue Helmet.JPG

White Uniform.JPG

spacer.png

Just now, nuordr said:

The new Wildcat logo on the leg looks like a high school or FCS logo....The uniform is a downgrade IMO from the last set: 

They had to update the logo on all the uniforms, so yes, it is an update: These are a little bit better quality. 

You realize they could very easily have replaced the plastic chip on the FlyWire and ordered new helmet decals...A new uniform set was not necessary for the new logo. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived