College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

19 hours ago, MGoBlue98 said:

That was to be the alternate uniform in 2014, but it was never worn. Supposedly, UT had greenlighted a different variation that was less gaudy, but the wrong one was ordered/shipped. The retail version of the jersey was really awful looking.  

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'll say again, I think this a terrific jersey.  I even like the qwirky number font.  My oneeee gripe would be to make the gold look a little more gold, like on the cleats in this pic.

You're right. The gold (or khaki) is way too light. It almost looked like the navy Cowboys jersey. It's a nice look though. I can tolerate the weird number font.

I, too, would have preferred a darker gold on the Pitt jerseys.  It's going to look odd if the numbers are that light up against a traditional gold helmet.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/13/2016 at 11:24 AM, BlackBolt3 said:

While we are in a lull of uniform unveils, Clemson is currently having it's annual team photo shoot for their various social media outlets. Of course, the new uniforms are being used, and I've got to say, I am absolutely in love with them. Also, the only real question was whether the white pants stripes were true throwbacks or the same as last year, and they are the latter. Here's a video of the shoot, and there are more photos and videos on the team's account: 

They look great but comparing them to the 2015 game versions, I don't see the differences....?

1 hour ago, Derek94 said:

They look great but comparing them to the 2015 game versions, I don't see the differences....?

Paws are now on the shoulders and numbers are on the sleeves.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All of my wildest dreams have come true! This is truly beautiful. UGA was one of the first to do it before blackouts were cool and our colors are RED AND BLACK. Sanford Stadium will be glorious. I am also so glad that it is truly a throwback to the 2007 look and not some hyped up red numbers or anything goofy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

CndC-NdWcAA3BJ6.jpg

CndC-NeWcAALXYr.jpg

image.jpeg

I forget which year it was, but I instantly think of a highly ranked UGA team getting crushed at home by Alabama while wearing the black jerseys

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I forget which year it was, but I instantly think of a highly ranked UGA team getting crushed at home by Alabama while wearing the black jerseys

You and everyone else, which is why we haven't worn them since.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

23 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

People forget Georgia debuted the black for the first time ever against Auburn in 2007 and later that year when we annihilated Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl. But then all anyone remembers is the 2008 Alabama game and they were never seen again.

That team had swag. We might not win 11-12 games this year with so much new, but Kirby Smart is pushing every right button so far. Athens will be a special place in 2-3 years.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

EDIT- my UGA insiders are telling me Kirby Smart ordered these very soon after arriving as coach and that next year we should be upgrading to the Mach Speed template. Wish it were the Vapor Untouchable with the better collar.

Georgia was 2-1 in black jerseys -- I think everyone west of Auburn, Ala. thinks they only wore them one time. 

As far as the aesthetics go, these are the best alternate uniforms in college football. Nobody else has pulled off black alternates and made them look as classy and timeless as Georgia, and nobody ever will. Glad they're coming back.

The '07 Auburn game will always be "the blackout." That was Sanford Stadium at its best.

Thrilled the black are back. I'm so high on Georgia right now that I wouldn't even mind them pairing them with the black helmet/pants from that '09 GA/FL game. Unless those are "cursed" as well :P

PJU85JF.png

3 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

The '07 Auburn game will always be "the blackout." That was Sanford Stadium at its best.

Thrilled the black are back. I'm so high on Georgia right now that I wouldn't even mind them pairing them with the black helmet/pants from that '09 GA/FL game. Unless those are "cursed" as well :P

Not a fan of the black hat, but the black pants were sharp. Someone Photoshopped an all black look that is quite nice. Not sure it beats the silver britches, but for a night game it could be cool.

image.jpeg

I don't think we'll ever see the black lids again. Was at that game. (my 1st cocktail party) Not only did we get destroyed but it was the game that Tebow broke Herschel's TD record. The black pants might come back but I think we'll see red pants before that because Kirby wore those back when he played here. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived