College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

22 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Georgia was 2-1 in black jerseys -- I think everyone west of Auburn, Ala. thinks they only wore them one time. 

As far as the aesthetics go, these are the best alternate uniforms in college football. Nobody else has pulled off black alternates and made them look as classy and timeless as Georgia, and nobody ever will. Glad they're coming back.

While I agree that UGA can pull off a black jersey, I don't agree that they are the best in college football. I'll raise you the classic green jerseys that Notre Dame wore with adidas before their Shamrock Series one-offs. 

image.jpeg

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

While I agree that UGA can pull off a black jersey, I don't agree that they are the best in college football. I'll raise you the classic green jerseys that Notre Dame wore with adidas before their Shamrock Series one-offs. 

image.jpeg

Possible unpopular opinion incoming here but I have never really been a fan of ND's green jerseys. I always thought navy looked much better

3 hours ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

image.jpeg

He was talking about specifically black alternate jerseys, not alternates in general. 

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

If adidas' other practice jerseys are any indication this will be the new number font on ECU's jerseys next season:

ecu.jpg

So these are practice jerseys?  That font is heavily borrowed from 1996 Ravens and purple-teal Diamondbacks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 5:08 AM, BrandMooreArt said:

USC looks good but one of my biggest pet peeves is when a contrasting collar (red on the white jersey) matches the helmet. that just seems odd to me, especially with those collars being so large.

often Nike fails to "respect the past, represent the future" but with this one, the new elements are done tastefully and it still feels like USC. overall, i dig it

Gotta hand it to the Trojans in one respect: They really sell out for their colors - only speck of WHITE anywhere on 'em are the mandatory road jersey and lower sock. Anybody else go 100% like that for their colors ... Michigan maybe, who else?

I don't much care for the over-thick contrasting collar, but it's not the blend in with helmet color that bothers me.

You did bring to mind a pet peeve I've had forever .... when one team's color doesn't match --- the SAME color.

Best example is the Dallas Cowboys - they have at least 3 blues, and at least 2 silvers

Another e.g. Giants jersey and helmet:

hi-res-156953290_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

e

wS7MJ6T.png

On 7/16/2016 at 10:20 PM, dont care said:

He was talking about specifically black alternate jerseys, not alternates in general. 

You don't like the Nuggets looks, fine ....

But how about this: I can't do anything about it but since when did Black become a freebie for any Johnny-come-whenever who wants to use it? Not so much fun when your school color is black.

wS7MJ6T.png

6 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

You don't like the Nuggets looks, fine ....

But how about this: I can't do anything about it but since when did Black become a freebie for any Johnny-come-whenever who wants to use it? Not so much fun when your school color is black.

I had to do a search since I'm at work and I thought I was looking at Texas for a second. The CANES and number font as stated above don't work together. And since it's UniSwag that's calling them fire, I always take it with a grain of salt. They think giant team logos on helmets are the best design element ever. 

I do wonder if this means they will be going for the classic 1980's look with the numbers but keep everything else the same come gameday. That may not be the case based on last year's jerseys but I think that would improve the look 100 fold. Their attempt at copying an ugly Nike font failed big time last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-huskies-hope-to-improve-player-safety-as-one-of-the-first-team-to-wear-state-of-the-art-helmet/

Please disregard if this was already discussed.

Washington will be wearing new "Vicis" helmets with "state of the art" impact absorption. Also worth noting that players will be wearing one helmet throughout games and practices.

3018581600000578-3396001-image-a-24_1452

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

17 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Gotta hand it to the Trojans in one respect: They really sell out for their colors - only speck of WHITE anywhere on 'em are the mandatory road jersey and lower sock. Anybody else go 100% like that for their colors ... Michigan maybe, who else?

I don't much care for the over-thick contrasting collar, but it's not the blend in with helmet color that bothers me.

You did bring to mind a pet peeve I've had forever .... when one team's color doesn't match --- the SAME color.

Best example is the Dallas Cowboys - they have at least 3 blues, and at least 2 silvers

Another e.g. Giants jersey and helmet:

hi-res-156953290_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

e

Rest In Peace, Tyler Sash

2 hours ago, LEWJ said:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-huskies-hope-to-improve-player-safety-as-one-of-the-first-team-to-wear-state-of-the-art-helmet/

Washington will be wearing new "Vicis" helmets with "state of the art" impact absorption. Also worth noting that players will be wearing one helmet throughout games and practices.

I've been waiting for a radically new helmet design. Hope it works.

2 hours ago, LEWJ said:

One helmet?  I'll believe that when I see it.

Archived