College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

According to Coastal's own website, they are technically an FCS independent this season...which is typical in the first year of transition.

Ok. Makes sense. Is it next year they join the Sun Belt?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, StaatsBrett said:

Odd I thought they already  joined the  belt

Not in football.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The school is officially a Sun Belt member. However, because football has the two Division I subdivisions, there is a transition period for that sport. All other sports are full members. This year they will be an FCS independent. I believe next they would be considered an FBS independent or at least an FBS school ineligible for a bowl game.

gYH2mW9.png

Next year CCU will become a full member of the Fun Belt but will be postseason ineligible. After the two year transition period (2018), they'll be eligible for the postseason. 

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

2 minutes ago, Jvelleu said:

Michigan Nike/Jordan gear

-f2ac558f0db9f504.png

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/07/michigan_nike.html

Also the article says the uniforms will be unveiled on the 2nd, not the 1st

That shoulder looks like something on the left shoulder is covered up. I think that's part of the design though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/18/2016 at 9:28 PM, djam2410 said:

Idaho adding gray everything for this upcoming season

I love Idaho's new unis!  Great to see the official school color silver incorporated into the new look.  A lot of the rest of the school sports were doing that already so good to see the football team do the same.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnr4v_XVMAA4bqA.jpg:large

10 minutes ago, mbannon92 said:

Forgive me if this has been covered, but Virginia Tech has a new template and number font for 2016. Love the numbers...they seem timeless, like they've been around forever.

Cnrjj-eWYAAHGqW?format=jpg&name=large

CnxDX-bVIAAADyO.jpg

The numbers are very nice.  IMO, VT could have pulled off the double outline (adding some orange) to match the logo.  As is, the numbers are a little plain for an A+ change.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, williams said:

The VT font probably seems like it's been around forever because it's just a ripoff version of the FSU Glades font.

Note the 1s, 3s and 5s especially. Very, very similar font.

glades-bold.png

Not even close.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, williams said:

The VT font probably seems like it's been around forever because it's just a ripoff version of the FSU Glades font.

Note the 1s, 3s and 5s especially. Very, very similar font.

glades-bold.png

I really don't think so. The VT font shares little to none of the defining characteristics of the Glades Bold font  (ex: broad vertical strokes/thin horizontal strokes, the block serifs on the 2, 3, and 7, and the overall thickness of the lines). I mean, there are only so many ways to portray the numbers 0-9, and just because a typeface gives you the same feel that another one does, it doesn't mean it's a "ripoff" (especially when the same company presumably designed both).

IMO the new VT jersey font looks clean, and it fits the uniforms well. Any ideas as to what it will be called? "Blacksburg" is already taken, so maybe "Hokie" or "Tech"?

1. The ginormous Nike collar really stands out on the VT jerseys. Completely clashes with an otherwise sleek set. 

2. I'm assuming the gloss Idaho gold pants are an old template or were outsourced to another supplier. If not, then it's good to see Nike able to do that again. 

Archived