College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, williams said:

The VT font probably seems like it's been around forever because it's just a ripoff version of the FSU Glades font.

Note the 1s, 3s and 5s especially. Very, very similar font.

glades-bold.png

Swing and a miss there. They aren't similar at all

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

Not even close.

Actually very close. Just a streamlined version with some serifs removed. Some other differences like the gap added to the 4, But there are clearly similarities.

Maybe you're blind.

Not even close my ass.

n71c0j.jpg

8 minutes ago, williams said:

Actually very close. Just a streamlined version with some serifs removed. Some other differences like the gap added to the 4, But there are clearly similarities.

Maybe you're blind.

Not even close my ass.

n71c0j.jpg

Not even close

1 hour ago, williams said:

Maybe you're blind.

Not even close my ass.

n71c0j.jpg

I totally see where you're coming from. But, the Florida State font has already been around for a while too...

shuOVeQ.png

spacer.png

Virginia Tech is looking pretty good. The away uniform looks even better.

Idaho certainly has a lot of uniform combos, but they're not necessarily terrible. Some do, however, look a little mismatched.

5 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

daaaaamn Nike! i love the number font. its been YEARS since i've said that about a Nike number font. is this something from their catalog or a custom design??

This is most likely a custom font. Nike has been rolling out a few full identities a year with full custom alphabets/numbers. But in many of those cases, those fonts become catalog selections in a few years. That's why you're seeing Michigan State's, Miami's, West Virginia's, Arizona's, and the now-old Virginia Tech's fonts in the Nike catalog, and used by other schools and teams around the country. And now that UNC has a new custom font, I imagine it's likely to see the recently departed version (from the set with the black alternates) in the catalog in the future.

nike-custom-lacrosse-uniform-fonts.png?t

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow. Virginia Tech's uniforms went from looking like stale throwbacks (which they were), to looking like one of the best sets in CFB (ACC at least).

Love those numbers. Perfect fit.

I think they look great as is; an outline might have been overkill, IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I honestly don't get the love for vt. They have a unique color scheme but use a stock jersey template that is synonymous with ucla/lsu, then add a modern font to it which is not cohesive design. Then they add a myriad of inconsistent helmet/pant designs which just makes things a disjointed mess. Their color scheme has so much potential yet they opt for a teambuilder approach to designing a uniform.

16 hours ago, razorback447 said:

I'm not even remotely a Michigan fan and yet I want to buy that. Not going to obviously but it looks really good. 

I agree completely. I'm a UNC guy though, so it pains me slightly for us not to get the exclusive Jumpman treatment. Maybe one day...

Virginia Tech stole numbers from Florida State who stole them from Nike who stole them from...

23wqtxf.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Couple things:

A&M Coaches night in Dallas, Sumlin said they were doing Throwback uniforms again. So let the speculation begin.

Also Miss. St. releases some type of schedule that tells the crowd what colors to wear at home. Well the day they play A&M its listed as wearing BLACK. So it looks like MS is getting a new black uni. 

6 minutes ago, YesterdayWasCool said:

Couple things:

A&M Coaches night in Dallas, Sumlin said they were doing Throwback uniforms again. So let the speculation begin.

Also Miss. St. releases some type of schedule that tells the crowd what colors to wear at home. Well the day they play A&M its listed as wearing BLACK. So it looks like MS is getting a new black uni. 

They already have one. They'll probably have to update it though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They already have one. They'll probably have to update it though.

I thought they did, but my quick google search didn't show anything but concepts and old black unis that weren't in the tire tread template.

Oh well, expect an update to them then. Maybe adidas wont screen-print all the numbers and stripes so we don't have to look at all the slashes.

18 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Article on CBSSports.com about Tulane's "Angry Wave" alt helmet, link is here.  Either Adult Swim needs to sue Tulane for copyright infringement or vice-versa.

Early-Cuyler-squidbillies-1307606-1024-7

Cn0tpRXWcAANFuH.jpg

The Angry Wave dates back to 1964, so I'm thinking Adult Swim doesn't have much of a case....

Archived