College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

16 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

To me, the angry wave helmet looks photoshopped. Either that or whoever cutout that decal has never handled scissors before.

Hopefully the real deal wont look as jagged

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we will be seeing the Mississippi State maroon and cream striped "throwback" for their homecoming game against Samford. Interested to see how this comes out, because done right I think it has some potential. But then again, it is Adidas.

image.jpeg

jajtww.jpg

19 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

To me, the angry wave helmet looks photoshopped. Either that or whoever cutout that decal has never handled scissors before.

I just noticed that...that is the cutting acumen of a left handed 5 year old using right handed scissors.

22 minutes ago, hjones13 said:

Looks like we will be seeing the Mississippi State maroon and cream striped "throwback" for their homecoming game against Samford. Interested to see how this comes out, because done right I think it has some potential. But then again, it is Adidas.

image.jpeg

I think you're missing what information this image is portraying. By your logic half the team will wear white helmets and the other half will were maroon to correspond with the Upper/Lower decks. Obviously we know thats not true so a striped helmet is out of the question. The striped helmet is implying fans should wear a certain color depending on what seating section they are in to create a striped pattern.

1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

It IS photoshopped.  Specifically:

1. There's an arbitrary lens flare for no damn reason.  Even if the camera WERE pointed at a light source sufficiently bright enough to make a flare, the light from the window in the top right is not consistent with the flare's angle in the bottom left.  Whomever did this has zero concept of how light works as the bulk of the flare appears to be coming from the DARKEST PART OF THE PHOTO, ie, inside the helmet.  
  2. As you pointed out, the cutout around the logo is bad.  REALLY BAD.  
  3. Also, the shading and shaping on the logo is wrong.  Specifically, look at the "tail" of the wave.  Where it wraps around the helmet towards the back there is absolutely no curvature or color change in the wave itself.  You would expect the lines to curve slightly downward to follow the shape of the helmet and for the color to get slightly darker as it wrapped around the curve and away from the light.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

By no means did I think State would wear a striped helmet. The helmets in this graphic are simply place markers to hold color or design for said game, yes you are correct. But sometimes, the team will correspond to to the crowd, not always. I was simply pointing out the possibility of the cream and maroon uniform that has been conceptualized and rumored to exist some time now that has that same color/striping combo. It can be seen here in the bottom right corner, and this photo comes from the Hail State Uniform tracker.

image.png

jajtww.jpg

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

Wisconsin reveal is tonight..

here is a preview

Cn6HLaRVIAARUQA.jpg

Ew. Large centrally located logo beneath the collar. Either put it on the collar or use a wordmark. This is going to just force the numbers down and create a bottom heavy look. That's why the only thing that should go in that spot is a wordmark...to give weight balance to it.

2 hours ago, hjones13 said:

By no means did I think State would wear a striped helmet. The helmets in this graphic are simply place markers to hold color or design for said game, yes you are correct. But sometimes, the team will correspond to to the crowd, not always. I was simply pointing out the possibility of the cream and maroon uniform that has been conceptualized and rumored to exist some time now that has that same color/striping combo. It can be seen here in the bottom right corner, and this photo comes from the Hail State Uniform tracker.

image.png

Is it @HAILSTAETUNIS OR @HAILSTATEUNIS

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

The only thing you see is a red jersey with a W under the collar and your first response is yikes? To Wisconsin of all things?

clearly, already getting the bad jersey vibes and heebie jeebies

Both the Notre Dame Shamrock Series uni and the new Wisconsin uniforms have been found on the respective team stores

Notre Dame looks hideous. Wisconsin looks normal with just a new cut in the stripes.

thumb (1).jpg

thumb.jpgthumb (2).jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

5 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Both the Notre Dame Shamrock Series uni and the new Wisconsin uniforms have been found on the respective team stores

Notre Dame looks hideous. Wisconsin looks normal with just a new cut in the stripes.

thumb (1).jpg

thumb.jpgthumb (2).jpg

Wisconsin looks damn good. ND looks like utter trash. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

thumb (2).jpg

So Notre Dame is going to play Army while wearing Army's colors. Makes sense. What the hell is that even supposed to be on the sleeves?

These aren't going to go over well with fans. The other Shamrock Series uniforms may have been gaudy, but at least they used team colors. These aren't even clever or well designed; they're just lazy and ugly.

spacer.png

Archived