College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisconsin looks great other than the chest W - would've rather seen a word mark. Love that they're using a (condensed) Aachen for the numbers!

Not sure how I feel about ND. The sleeve design though is taken from the basilica (see below). Hopefully it looks better on the player cut.

4940502964_204718137d_b.jpg

10 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

And all three now. Wisc. and Yale look fantastic. Not a fan at all of Notre Dame. The font is fun, but the Army green/tan isn't good.

Cn7E9lJXEAEjqsy.jpg

The middle is what I love about UA , something simple and clean...

what's on the left (and Maryland, one offs) are what scare me about Cal being on UA.

I hope we take the Auburn/Wisconsin route...something simple and not gimmicky. 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Just now, Clintau24 said:

Is this the final Shamrock Series uniform?

They want to show off the renovated stadium next year, so they're not moving any home games to a neutral site. They'll probably start it up again in 2018 though.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Not really feelin' the number font for Wisconsin.  I actually think what they had last year was better.

I agree the old block font was good, but I like how this font matches the W logo

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I agree the old block font was good, but I like how this font matches the W logo

That's Wisconsin's font, a modified version of Aachen Bold. Other sports have worn it, I think this will be the first time the football team has.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Notre Dame would improve significantly just by using kelly green jerseys and reversing colors on sleeve caps. I'm hoping to get tickets since it's here. Hopefully the Army posts have discounted prices as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

what has happened to the world when Nike is making great number fonts (VT) and UA is making some all-time crap? i really like the ideas in the Notre Dame uniform, but its not executed very well. give them props on the Wisconsin stripes though, thats a really nice way to separate them from all the other red/white schools

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

40 minutes ago, slapshot said:

That's Wisconsin's font, a modified version of Aachen Bold. Other sports have worn it, I think this will be the first time the football team has.

So I'm guessing it isn't leaving the basketball unis either, although the UA version does look a bit thinner.  I still don't like it.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Notre Dame would improve significantly just by using kelly green jerseys and reversing colors on sleeve caps. I'm hoping to get tickets since it's here. Hopefully the Army posts have discounted prices as well. 

I'm  going to that  game I think I will have to wear  blinders because of  Nortedame

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

Wisconsin looks wrong with shoulder numbers instead of sleeve numbers.. Two thin stripes just above the cuff with sleeve numbers has always set them apart from Nebraska in my eye, since Nebraska uses thick stripes mid-sleeve with shoulder numbers.. For a team hoping this rebrand would set them apart, they've done a decent job of looking even more like the others..

Archived