College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 minutes ago, coogrfan said:

I wish there was some sort of NCAA rule banning teams from wearing pseudo-military garb when facing a service academy.

There should be a ban on it as all of these schools that do the camo look just because they want to, and not to really honor the military in any way. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not sure what the background is but it looks like it's going to be somewhere on Michigan's uniforms http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/photo-two-more-nike-sneak-peeks

Also Nike has these sandals and has schools jersey details on them so maybe this might be on Michigan's

http://m.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Michigan_Wolverines/Michigan_Wolverines_Nike_Benassi_Solarsoft_Slides?ab=tlpfeatureproduct

Yeah we saw those sandals a few pages back.  Not sure what that pattern is though.  Doesn't match up with Michigan architecture.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

There should be a ban on it as all of these schools that do the camo look just because they want to, and not to really honor the military in any way. 

Except  the service  academys

http://i.imgur.com/4gh4ZhB.png http://i.imgur.com/DmN6VqA.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/103365-star-based-championship-signatures-by-request/

That Notre Dame Shamrock Series uniform is absolutely atrocious. The ugly colors, the fifth-grader's scribble they're trying to pass off as a sleeve design that won't even be legible on TV, the hideous number font... I'm pretty sure even Adidas and Russell would be too ashamed to design and unveil something like that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

That Notre Dame Shamrock Series uniform is absolutely atrocious. The ugly colors, the fifth-grader's scribble they're trying to pass off as a sleeve design that won't even be legible on TV, the hideous number font... I'm pretty sure even Adidas and Russell would be too ashamed to design and unveil something like that.

The numbers aren't too bad. I'd line to see the full set though. It's like they decided, "We're playing Army, let's have uniforms that are a mix of Roosevelt's Roughriders, A tank commander's uniform and Dead Poet's  Society"!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, mjd77 said:

Call me crazy, but outside of the sleeve caps, I don't think the ND uni is that bad.

I think the "Military Green" is good, but the gold on the jerseys and pants is so muted the helmet doesn't look like it belongs with the uniform, even though it uses the same designs.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Wow, Houston just did Wisconsin better than Wisconsin.

Was about to say that.  As others have pointed out, the thinner stripes placed closer to the cuff helps distinguish them from Nebraska, who uses thicker stripes that cover most of the sleeve.

As far as uniform updates, Houston wore it better. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, Hoover356 said:

The pattern we've been seeing with all of the Michigan stuff replicates the windows on the outside of the stadium at least from what I saw on a quick google search 

IMG_2930.JPG

If you put the sandal next to those windows you'd have no idea the sandals are based on that.  The windows and curves don't match.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/22/2016 at 5:11 PM, WSU151 said:

Go back to the red helmet and the four sleeve stripes.  This new set is just meh...

I'm 99.9% sure the red helmets will be in the rotation. There will likely be a presser at some point in the next week or so where we will get to see all of the combinations.

2 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Wow, Houston just did Wisconsin better than Wisconsin.

Yup.  That set should have been Wisconsin's but we didn't sign with the right company.

I'm guessing Tom Herman's Big 10 Pedigree led to Houston going the NU/Wiscy route.

But I would have liked to seen blue or gray incorporated in there, just to give it some separation from the former two.

Still great work by Nike.

Archived