College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

3 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

I'm guessing Tom Herman's Big 10 Pedigree led to Houston going the NU/Wiscy route.

But I would have liked to seen blue or gray incorporated in there, just to give it some separation from the former two.

Still great work by Nike.

There's no work being done here. This is a totally half-assed copycat uniform. Anybody could order this 2 color uniform out of a catalog...and the stripeless helmet is totally out of place here. To give nike any credit here is also likely misplaced as the coaching/equipment staff likely did all the work. This is a mid major after all. When tcu and boise made the bcs at least they got some design resources allocated to create a unique look. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hoover356 said:

The pattern we've been seeing with all of the Michigan stuff replicates the windows on the outside of the stadium at least from what I saw on a quick google search 

IMG_2930.JPG

wow good call  on that i think that may be exactly what it is

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

There's no work being done here. This is a totally half-assed copycat uniform. Anybody could order this 2 color uniform out of a catalog...and the stripeless helmet is totally out of place here. To give nike any credit here is also likely misplaced as the coaching/equipment staff likely did all the work. This is a mid major after all. When tcu and boise made the bcs at least they got some design resources allocated to create a unique look. 

The coach makes the call on uniforms and he likes old school looks. Is Houston tossing out blue across the board or is it just football?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, coogrfan said:

HOUSTON2016UNIFORM_zpseyvnb5yn.png

As noted in a picture a few posts up, needs a third sleeve stripe. Why two? There's no history there with Houston. This is just generic, catalog order stuff.

I think this his works pretty well. (Shameless plug alert.)

image.png

I like both of the above concepts but give the nod to mbannon92 design.  I just remembered the Texans are red white blue so better to avoid the gravytrain.

I ran through every college/NFL shared cities and can't think of a shared color scheme among them

6 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

I like both of the above concepts but give the nod to mbannon92 design.  I just remembered the Texans are red white blue so better to avoid the gravytrain.

I ran through every college/NFL shared cities and can't think of a shared color scheme among them

Except UH wore red, white, and navy long before the Houston Texans existed.  UH is predominantly red.  The Texans are predominantly navy.  No one is going to get confused.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU said:

CoEPYt7VUAAV203.jpg

We saw this one before the Alamo Bowl but this is the first we've seen it on a player. It looks as though they'll be wearing a variety of different styles this season, presumably all on the new template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

If this turns out to be worn on the field this season, then this is beautiful:

image.jpeg

Meh.  Looks almost like a cheap knockoff but is likely just a fan-style jersey.  Doesn't seem to fit the pattern of the ones they had during the Alamo Bowl, which seem to be what they're going to be wearing, based on the BTS shots that are being posted.

4 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Meh.  Looks almost like a cheap knockoff but is likely just a fan-style jersey.  Doesn't seem to fit the pattern of the ones they had during the Alamo Bowl, which seem to be what they're going to be wearing, based on the BTS shots that are being posted.

That's certainly possible, but we've now seen two different leaks (this green one and the yellow one awhile back) that are a different style than the two that were unveiled prior to the Alamo Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them use a few different styles rather than all of them following the pattern of the Alamo Bowl designs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

That's certainly possible, but we've now seen two different leaks (this green one and the yellow one awhile back) that are a different style than the two that were unveiled prior to the Alamo Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them use a few different styles rather than all of them following the pattern of the Alamo Bowl designs.

To me, that just looks sloppy and haphazard as they no longer have a cohesive set of uniforms, like previous seasons.  I really disliked when they started mixing in two different sets in 2014 and hated it even more when they used 3 different ones last season.  Mix-and-matching multiple different templates makes them look like a low-rung FBS or FCS program that borrows multiple templates because they have no choice but to order out of a catalog of everyone else's unique look.  I think a lot of this is being caused by Nike seemingly creating and releasing a new uniform template every year, which gives Oregon no time to fully adopt that look for the usual 3 year period they did with previous uniforms.

31 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The first version of the fighting ducks uniform had Puddles on the shoulders which was different than the wings they had. I see no problem with them doing that again. 

That was a one time uniform and not a part of the regular uniform set, so that is a little bit of a different situation, but I see your point nonetheless. Personally, I am expecting Oregon to use the Alamo Bowl design for the majority of their new uniforms, with maybe the green and yellow ones we've seen as the exception to that. If that does end up being the case, then I would be perfectly okay with that. I'm also very interested to see what helmets they use this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived