College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pudding In A Cup said:

I strive to be a source of uniform news as well as your daily calcium needs.

Opposed to yogurt, which strives to grease your small intestine.

activia2.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

18 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Opposed to yogurt, which strives to grease your small intestine.

activia2.png

That's my more spoiled cousin, I've got all the vitamin A so your eyes can have a fun time when Nebraska plays Wisconsin. 

It it seems like the Power V template is going to become the new cookiecutter of the FCS. I'm exhilarated for Montana's 12 upcoming variations of it. 

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

After seeing the Houston uniforms on an actual padded up player, I realize that they desperately need tv numbers. The shoulders look so empty.

The Houston uniforms are shockingly pedestrian. They need TV numbers and helmet stripes to match the jerseys/pants. Cougs, No Big 12 for you!

6 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

The Houston uniforms are shockingly pedestrian. They need TV numbers and helmet stripes to match the jerseys/pants. Cougs, No Big 12 for you!

I'll take pedestrian over a super hero costume every time.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

I call it Nebconsin.

Make sure you toss Alabama, Oklahoma, Indiana and Stanford in there as well.  Something like

Nebamaconstandianhoma. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

8 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Nebamaconstandianhoma. 

...of Anaheim.

Seriously though, there's room on the sleeves for Houston to add a third stripe. Instead we get two stripes, making them look about as generic as can be. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

However, the solid brown center stripe is the true jewel of this helmet and is home to the most unique part of this design. Printed on the center stripe in orange are the names of 111 Bowling Green State University students who have perished in the line of duty. There will be 12 different stripes with different names on each.

http://www.hustlebelt.com/mac-football/2016/7/26/12283544/bowling-green-falcons-football-helmets-new-military-appreciation-day

Helmet_9353c.0.jpg

Helmet_9337c.0.jpg

53 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

...of Anaheim.

Seriously though, there's room on the sleeves for Houston to add a third stripe. Instead we get two stripes, making them look about as generic as can be. 

Still way better than that previous set.

1 hour ago, mr.nascar13 said:

...of Anaheim.

At which point someone would start bitching about mismatched stripe patterns. B)

1 hour ago, CLEstones said:

Still way better than that previous set.

QFT. While not perfect, the new uni is waaaaay better than anything we have worn in the last 20 years as well as being a near perfect embodiment of Tom Herman's no-frills, substance over style approach to football. 

1 hour ago, coogrfan said:

QFT. While not perfect, the new uni is waaaaay better than anything we have worn in the last 20 years as well as being a near perfect embodiment of Tom Herman's no-frills, substance over style approach to football. 

Your obvious bias is front and center here. Sure these uniforms are better than sets past but since the school has no real history wearing this set and it's a direct rip off of 2 major programs, it will have no staying power. I give it 2 years tops as a placeholder, until nike actually designs them a unique set or they move back to something more modern out of the catalog because the set is so bland and there's nothing inherently houston about them.

Archived