College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Davidellias said:

Just be thankful there's no signs of mix-n-match uniforms like they've been using the last couple of years.

What makes you think they won't? They've mixed everything in recent years. I fully expect them to continue doing so.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

51 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

What makes you think they won't? They've mixed everything in recent years. I fully expect them to continue doing so.

yep because i doubt they will go monochrome the entire year, this is a typical unveiling showing off every piece of the uniform in as little combinations as possible, but during the season will wear a different combo every week

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

So, they go all out checkerboard on the jersey, but can't manage to do the same on the pants?

Thank you Kentucky! You just TURNED US INTO THE THUNDERKITTIES!

WTF! WHERE ARE THE CHROME DOMES!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Kentucky football is such a mess, aesthetically and athletically.  It's such a shame, as that particular blue they use (especially on their metallic-finish helmet) is gorgeous.  All they need is that amazing blue, with white, and some friggin' restraint, and they could have a perfect uniform.  Take the Oklahoma Sooners' uniform, switch out the dark red for the UK blue, and you'd be three-quarters there. But instead they insist on adding gray, adding black, (any CFB team that goes with both BFBS and GFGS is basically advertising their third tier status), the played out high school style monochrome, and now using a design motif that pretty much everybody associates with their rival... what can you say?

Baffling.

I think Kentucky's blue chrome lid was pretty nice - better if the UK decal wasn't chrome. Much better than the white/silver chrome based lid.

I felt like the previous set was close to being pretty damn good. Much better than this set. I'm kinda glad I was in class during the reveal so I didn't have to listen to the Nike speak on all this crap.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Oh boy. This is... unfortunate.

University of Kentucky's new wildcats logo looks like two birds doing it missionary style. 

uTRiclY.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/44g9km/university_of_kentuckys_new_wildcats_logo_looks/

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

On 2/5/2016 at 3:49 PM, cshookemHORNS said:

Anything else on this?

Sorry for the late response. It appears it was just the practice jersey. My brother was watching Heard's periscope and said he showed new black jerseys. After watching myself, it did appear that it was the practice jersey however he did show off a lot of their new cleats and other equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if they had more concepts in the room but couldn't show them.

The periscope broadcast has since been deleted :(

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

On 2/6/2016 at 0:52 PM, j'villejags said:

oh for :censored:s sake, is this really what we're doing now? there's so many things wrong with the logo, there's no need to reach for nonsense like this

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

oh for :censored:s sake, is this really what we're doing now? there's so many things wrong with the logo, there's no need to reach for nonsense like this

A lot of people are seeing the same thing.

56bee42c5f963_ScreenShot2016-02-13at1.35

Does that make it a fair critique? I don't know. While the notion is sophomoric in nature, my post wasn't intended to be.

Regardless of how good or bad I think the logo is, I wouldn't wear that shirt. If I owned the shirt and didn't see the double entendre, it would be pointed out to me by someone if I wore it around long enough. I wouldn't want to wear it again and I certainly wouldn't want to go buy any more apparel with that logo on there. It'd be awkward and embarrassing. 

For that reason, I don't think the logo will ever reach its full potential from a merchandising and revenue-generating perspective. I won't be surprised when this logo is phased out or altered in some way. I thought that was worth discussing. 

FWIW, here's a petition against their new logos, including UK fans' commentary. https://www.change.org/p/big-blue-nation-kentucky-university-of-kentucky-urge-the-university-of-kentucky-to-discard-it-s-new-graphic-identity-logo/c

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived