buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Love the all-white look for Michigan. Although I don't think yellow pants should go away completely on the road.

So how long before North Carolina goes to Jordan branding? They have to be next right?

I don't think we'll see that happen. Jordan was on the basketball uniforms a few years back but Michigan is wearing Jordan for all sports.

16 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think we'll see that happen. Jordan was on the basketball uniforms a few years back but Michigan is wearing Jordan for all sports.

Not true actually. From the promo shots that were unveiled on the 1st, it appears as though the football and basketball teams will be the only ones wearing Jordan, with the other teams all sporting the swoosh.

2 hours ago, GFB said:

I'm inclined to agree with you on point 1 Brandon, but the only redeeming grace for me is that the Air Jordan logo is so much smaller than the Swoosh, it's almost non-existent to the naked eye.  It makes me think of a time before apparel companies had their logo creep up on uniforms and they simply produced the uniforms.    

Screen+Shot+2016-07-29+at+7.12.05+PM.png 

Whoever designed this script knows absolutely nothing about calligraphy or kerning. The "M" is far too close to the "i" when compared to the rest of the uniform space between characters. The first time I saw this script on my iPhone, I thought it read as "Nichigan." 

Screen+Shot+2016-07-29+at+7.03.34+PM.png

The other thing about this work that will drive me off the OCD deep end is the crossbar of the 5 being higher than the crossbars of the 3, 6, 8 & 9 for absolutely no reason.  I could understand if they didn't add the little serif on the top to shore up the negative space or if they added a little stem beneath the crossbar on the left ascender, but this feels like a rush job/oversight. I like the new 4, and I'm pretty indifferent to the new 2, but this 5 will be the bane of my mental health.

But that satin matte finish on the helmet is awesome, no doubt about it:

Co8H5RmWEAAb9DC.jpg

i can't even look at that script. im going to pretend it doesn't exist

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Why does everyone assume all the non techfit adidas uniforms are made by ripon? The entire CFL does not have techfit, I find it hard to believe a company like adidas would outfit a whole league with another companies product.

It's called contract manufacturing. Almost the entire apparel industry does it including the big 3 sports apparel companies for uniforms. Ripon is one of the largest and better uniform manufacturers in the country. Prior to tech fit add/rbk sourced all of their uniforms from Ripon for the nfl/college etc. so it makes sense that they would use an established vendor to supply their products. For other suppliers I believe nike uniforms are made by a company called Powers and I'm not sure who makes UA's.

I really don't mind seeing the jumpman logo on these. I mean, sure it's a basketball brand, and the logo features a guy holding a basketball, but i feel like it has become more of an overall athletic brand, which im fine with

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

Why does everyone assume all the non techfit adidas uniforms are made by ripon? The entire CFL does not have techfit, I find it hard to believe a company like adidas would outfit a whole league with another companies product.

Because they are ripon templates, the CFL uniforms clearly aren't ripon templates but something completely new, just using cheaper materials. That's not to say ripon didn't make the uniforms either because when reebok had the NFL's contract only a few uniforms were made by reebok (Giants, Jaguars, some colts players) the rest were all made by ripon. 

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

SMU with a fantastic uni update

Co4nswEUkAESAET.jpg

That is pretty nice.  I'll be interested to see what the blue jersey looks like. (I assume there will be mix and match options, but for some reason SMU is one of the few teams I don't mind multiple options for.)

But is that Michigan State's font again?

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Michigan is only wearing Jordan for football and basketball, the rest are all outfitted in Nike

4 hours ago, GFB said:

Co8H5RmWEAAb9DC.jpg

Am I hating here...

overkill on the Jordan logo on helmet, jersey, armband and gloves and shoes.  

That Nas song came out 20 years ago, but still seems like Jordans are "living it up".

Line that player up side by side with another player with the same accessories but a different apparel company and the number of logos will be equal.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That is pretty nice.  I'll be interested to see what the blue jersey looks like. (I assume there will be mix and match options, but for some reason SMU is one of the few teams I don't mind multiple options for.)

But is that Michigan State's font again?

I really hope they keep the striping consistent on the blue uni and just has white/red/white stripes on the sleeves. It would be a shame if they pull a Florida orange jersey striping inconsistency. The blue/orange/white/orange/blue ruins that look.

USATSI_6734454-675x380.jpg

possible new hideous helmet for virginia football 

Co9eerYXEAAx4Jh.jpg

26 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Co9eerYXEAAx4Jh.jpg

That's not UVA's traditional V (the old school V doesn't have the serifed base).  I don't seem them wearing that.  Doesn't really match up with the aura of the school.

23 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Co9eerYXEAAx4Jh.jpg

A skull in a V with digital camo and a black helmet? Man that's really going out there for UVA if it's legit

59 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Co9eerYXEAAx4Jh.jpg

These look like a high school  team that's trying too hard to be "fresh"

3 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

These look like a high school  team that's trying too hard to be "fresh"

Seriously.  We have matte black with digital navy camo on a modern helmet stripe.  We have a school logo, a sword, a skull, and a player's number (the skull with player's number in the eye is really high-schoolish).

I'm pretty sure Bronco Mendenhall wouldn't want :censored: like this on his players.

I decided to mock up the new green Oregon jersey that was leaked awhile ago to get a better idea of how it will look on the field (Credit for the template goes to aawagner011 and the helmet and pants are just to give a good idea of a possible combination with the new jersey):

Ducks2016.png

As a quick reminder, here's the jersey that I'm talking about:

DucksJerseyLeak.jpg