College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

13 hours ago, dont care said:

I think you are right, regardless they cost much more than regular helmets that cost about 500 each.

The most expensive you'll see is about $400, unless you get the ones with the extra software inside that analyzes impacts and whatnot.. But some of the chrome designs and other paint schemes run upwards of $400+ per helmet, so it's safe to say that paying $1000 for a helmet is nothing new to the ducks

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, dont care said:

1. It's only Washington that is wearing 1 helmet

2. They are only wearing 1 helmet because they cost $1000 per helmet

It's also every team in the NFL, as well as some that have bought into that same false logic, which is what I was referencing 

But this is the College Football Thread. We don't really care what the NFL does here. Oregon is used to paying $1000 for gameday ready helmets. These helmets cost $1000 out of the box before decals/finishes are applied. Oregon might be able to pull this off because of Nike and because not every player is using one. Washington and 99% of the other colleges can't afford to pay $85,000 + tax + shipping and handling + decals for a 2nd set of helmets. 

Side note: my UGA season tickets came in today and I couldn't be more excited for this season!!!!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

But this is the College Football Thread. We don't really care what the NFL does here. Oregon is used to paying $1000 for gameday ready helmets. These helmets cost $1000 out of the box before decals/finishes are applied. Oregon might be able to pull this off because of Nike and because not every player is using one. Washington and 99% of the other colleges can't afford to pay $85,000 + tax + shipping and handling + decals for a 2nd set of helmets. 

Side note: my UGA season tickets came in today and I couldn't be more excited for this season!!!!

Judging by the amount of ridiculous facility upgrades (and apparel deals for many) that have occurred around the county...yes they can.  I'm not sure schools pay sales tax (being a non-profit and all) and I doubt they pay shipping.  Decal costs for 85 players (in bulk) are probably ~$1,000.   

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

27 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Judging by the amount of ridiculous facility upgrades that have occurred around the county...yes they can.  I'm not sure schools pay sales tax (being a non-profit and all) and I doubt they pay shipping.  Decal costs for 85 players (in bulk) are probably ~$1,000.  

Comoletely off topic but have you guys seen the walk through of Clemson's new football facility that is being built? It's jaw dropping with all the bells and whistles they're putting in. 

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Washington used to have 4 helmets white, black, chrome, and gold, each speedflex cost $500 dollars and speeds cost around 350 so they would be spending around the same amount of money for 2 helmets so they do have the money. They also had to pay extra for special chrome and frost helmets...

I truly believe that someday they will at least return to those colors. I think the new Seahawks uniforms are already feeling a little stale. But hey, they don't a championship in them, so they are "timeless". Much like the Patriots look. :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, buckeye said:

The fact that they're hyping the notion of a full collar that's one color has got to tell you something about the state of college football uniforms.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Washington used to have 4 helmets white, black, chrome, and gold, each speedflex cost $500 dollars and speeds cost around 350 so they would be spending around the same amount of money for 2 helmets so they do have the money. They also had to pay extra for special chrome and frost helmets...

Just a side note, they actually had 5 helmets. White, black, chrome, Satin gold, and classic gold.  They used the older gold helmets from previous years as their practice helmets, and broke out the "good"  ones for games last year. 

However in the apple cup last year you'll notice they used their practice helmets/older helmets. Besides the finish, the easiest difference between the two is chinstrap/bumper colors.  Black on the new satin ones, white on the older practice helmets. 

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

8 hours ago, FooMasterX5 said:

I hope to :censored:ing god. I havent liked the Canes unis since 99. pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

if if they get rid of the stupid slices in the striping, make the pants stripes run the entire way to the waist, revert to a single color outline on the numbers and front Miami script, and, lastly, have the striping on the white jerseys and pants match the helmet them you would have a decent update of the classic "U" look.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, wait... what is the false logic, again?

That the players will use one helmet all year. Some players will use multiple helmets during the year due to damage from collisions and normal wear and tear.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived