College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tron1013 said:

And here is why...

EMU.png

Hahahaha, that's awesome.  Unless you're a fan of Eastern Michigan.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Holy crap, that's way too close to the big kahuna. EMU really should consider FCS then. There are currently no FCS programs in the state of Michigan. They'd be able to easily snatch up many of the guys that transfer out of Michigan & Michigan State. As well as some of the FCS caliber players that end up going to the state's D2 schools (Grand Valley St, Wayne St, Ferris St, etc.)

Hotter Than July > Thriller

13 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Holy crap, that's way too close to the big kahuna. EMU really should consider FCS then. There are currently no FCS programs in the state of Michigan. They'd be able to easily snatch up many of the guys that transfer out of Michigan & Michigan State. As well as some of the FCS caliber players that end up going to the state's D2 schools (Grand Valley St, Wayne St, Ferris St, etc.)

Add about the bottom 1/3rd of FBS to that list.  Or just let the Power 5 break away and make a new division.  

A lot of lower-tier FBS squads could actually do fairly well in FCS, plus they'd actually have a shot at competing for a real championship.  I realize that the flip side of the coin is the "everyone wins bowl system," but when you consider that top end FCS teams like North Dakota State actually send players to the NFL, it really seems like a no brainer.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

37 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Add about the bottom 1/3rd of FBS to that list.  Or just let the Power 5 break away and make a new division.  

Honestly was not a fan of any of the FCS to FBS moves that have occurred in the last 15 years or so. Honestly WTF did Old Dominion and UTSA do to deserve to jump to FBS after less than five years of existence?

We're getting off track though. This is a discussion best served for the General Section lol.

EMU' gray turf is horrible.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

EMU is a commuter school with a just slightly older average undergraduate student age and only 20% of all students living on campus. Obviously, there are a couple thousands within walking distance, if you're not on campus, it's hard to get you there.

With less scholarships to offer, it gets more difficult to handle a B1G transfer.

Plus, their overall transportation costs would increase if they joined the OVC or the Missouri Valley. With UMass exiting, nearly every road trip to every conference opponent is via bus.

Oh, and to keep it on the topic of their uniforms, those battleship greys are a mess and should be only a fashion jersey.

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

UNC/Georgia will go color on color in their season opener. 

CpsDPTSWYAA7FXz.jpg

https://twitter.com/CFAPeachBowl/status/764208129223585797/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Do those leather helmets come with matching bras?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

5 hours ago, j'villejags said:

UNC/Georgia will go color on color in their season opener. 

CpsDPTSWYAA7FXz.jpg

https://twitter.com/CFAPeachBowl/status/764208129223585797/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Beautiful.

Sort of an aside, is Illinois putting that underlined block script helmet back in its rotation? I was just trying to figure out why it's in that display case.

28 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Beautiful.

Sort of an aside, is Illinois putting that underlined block script helmet back in its rotation? I was just trying to figure out why it's in that display case.

i wouldnt think so, looks like theres another 1 or 2 outdated helmets up there too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

Beautiful.

I think it's because Illinois played at that bowl game site. Or it was taken in a team's equipment room. Indiana and Purdue are older helmets as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived