buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Recommended Posts

Snip20160813_30.png

Snip20160813_32.png

Snip20160813_33.png

Snip20160813_25.png

i don't understand the significance of the houndstooth pattern on the helmet stripe and undershirts, but that aside, i think this is a good, clean look for wku. an improvement  by Russell for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Snip20160813_30.png

Snip20160813_32.png

Snip20160813_33.png

Snip20160813_25.png

i don't understand the significance of the houndstooth pattern on the helmet stripe and undershirts, but that aside, i think this is a good, clean look for wku. an improvement  by Russell for sure

 

I would assume it's a nod to horse racing silks like Kentucky has done with their uniforms for Secretariat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should stop now and just stay with these for perpetuity!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WKU looks much better but white numbers on the red would be such a significant upgrade.

 

Also, in regards to the VaTech WVU look-a-likes, I'm pretty sure those were an odd teamwear catalog order. They did the same thing with their white camo sets. Kinda low budget when you have such a mishmash of designs and conflicting styles.

 

Also, here's a pic of Georgia and Carolina going color on color. Beautiful.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Snip20160813_30.png

Snip20160813_32.png

Snip20160813_33.png

Snip20160813_25.png

i don't understand the significance of the houndstooth pattern on the helmet stripe and undershirts, but that aside, i think this is a good, clean look for wku. an improvement  by Russell for sure

Did anyone else catch the WKU logo on the thigh/thigh pads? Interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

Did anyone else catch the WKU logo on the thigh/thigh pads? Interesting...

Teams have been doing that for a few years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Carolina really wanted to (and if the rules allowed), they can wear their home jerseys against most, especially in the ACC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Teams have been doing that for a few years now. 

 

Yeah the logo on the thigh has been around for many years.  Popular in the 90s as well.

 

enhanced-buzz-6833-1378409210-28.jpg

L169_CIFR85822b3dc44e7c8a814adaa3c6c14b6

Darnell-SI-Large.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Yeah the logo on the thigh has been around for many years.  Popular in the 90s as well.

 

enhanced-buzz-6833-1378409210-28.jpg

L169_CIFR85822b3dc44e7c8a814adaa3c6c14b6

Darnell-SI-Large.jpg

 

 

I believe he was referring to the thigh pad itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

WKU's logo isn't on the thigh pad though.

 

 

Check out the white pants.  It's easier to see.

 

nm…you caught it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Harmening said:

 

 

I'm more intrigued by that beautifully collared shirt...

Me too. Why couldn't they have used that pattern instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

New Air Force alternate helmet they'll be wearing against Georgia State. 

 

hjfq4KU.jpg

Here's a blurry side view of the uniforms to be worn with them:

Cpy3DoXUsAAcGI7.jpg

They're to be called the "Flying Tiger" uniforms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Looks like WKU's houndstooth pattern is in honor of former coach Jimmy Feix's plaid, houndstooth hat he wore on the sidelines.

https://wkusportspics.exposure.co/respect-defend-own

5432b33868f8e.image.jpg

 

 I am so disappointed in my alma mater....to think they had these beauties just 4 years ago: 

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Here's a blurry side view of the uniforms to be worn with them:

Cpy3DoXUsAAcGI7.jpg

They're to be called the "Flying Tiger" uniforms

That is a top 5 awesome alternate helmet all time. I would honestly not mind if they made this and their red white and blue alt they did in 2009 their two full time helmets. I really wish other schools would get as creative as air force does with their helmets, instead of just filling in different colors and trendy effects. I'll be rooting for these guys this year, just because I respect what they do with their uniforms so much (as well as what they do off the field obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.