College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

That Carolina set looks like it is straight out of the 80s or 90s. Also wasn't the Pitt throwback more of a dark yellow, mustard color? That throwback is pure banana colored yellow.

Edit- there's no way the yellows are the same! The blue is fine, but yikes, that's highlighter level yellow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and add the stripes to the sleeves? or match golds, because it looks half assed as it is. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and add the stripes to the sleeves? or match golds, because it looks half assed as it is. 

It's funny because the brand new home and road Pitt uniforms are essentially throwbacks to that design. The colors have changed and the pants are plain, but the helmet and sleeve strips are identical. Royal and mustard versions of these would have been great.

image.jpeg

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 5:47 PM, VirginiaJay24 said:

This looks good u can clearly tell its still USC

Did michigan go with the black helmet inside padding along with the blue chinstrap?

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 7:39 PM, fouhy12 said:

That looks really good. I like it.

I wish southern California went with a matter helmet and regular grey facemask instead of chrome

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

16 hours ago, jsr862 said:

20160816_122029.png

Terrible. The gold (or should I say yellow) is way too bright, the helmet stripe doesn't match the pants stripe well enough, and again... I think Pittsburgh's cursive logo is outdated trash. If it's suppose to be a throwback to their older look then why doesn't it match?

8 hours ago, mjd77 said:

IMO, navy and vegas gold is a horrible combo for any team to use...it's just too drab and dull.

I think Navy uses it quite well...

635818070438566384-Tulane-Navy.jpg

There are rumors UGA will have red road pants versus Missouri in week three. I can't verify this yet but...

Here's a mockup I did. Looks really nice. I hope they do it like the black pants from a number of years ago where it still has the red, white, and black stripe. Basically one of the stripes is hidden and blends into the pants color.

xkxbw1.png 

aptopix-georgia-florida-football-2009-10

49 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

Is South Carolina ditching the white helmets this season? I've seen quite a few of their practices this fall and past spring on the SECN and they're always in those helmets. 

They have three helmets this year. I think we'll still see the white helmet more and probably the black helmet once. Muschamp said the seniors will pick the uniforms though so it will be interesting to see what kind of uniform mixes they come up with. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's looking more and more likely that Nebraska will wear some sort of cream colored alternate at some point during the year. School colors are technically Scarlet and Cream, but white has always been used for football jerseys. A lot of the official sideline gear for coaches/players have red, white, and cream options. 

CqBH0w4UAAEXMs0.jpg:large

Nebraska basketball had a cream alternate last year, and everyone loved it. So this seems like a good idea. 

565e7a6f271c2.image.jpg

I think going for a more old school looking alternate will work out a lot better than the quasi-futuristic look that Adidas has tried for with Nebraska in the past.

14 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

They are using the Dorsett years. They did not have the stripes then, just the numbers on the sleeves, 

But are using the colors from the Curtis Martin years

Image result for curtis martin pitt

put them together and what do you got?

Bippity Boppity........ 

2 hours ago, ramsker said:

It's looking more and more likely that Nebraska will wear some sort of cream colored alternate at some point during the year. School colors are technically Scarlet and Cream, but white has always been used for football jerseys. A lot of the official sideline gear for coaches/players have red, white, and cream options. 

CqBH0w4UAAEXMs0.jpg:large

Nebraska basketball had a cream alternate last year, and everyone loved it. So this seems like a good idea. 

565e7a6f271c2.image.jpg

I think going for a more old school looking alternate will work out a lot better than the quasi-futuristic look that Adidas has tried for with Nebraska in the past.

5-minute photoshop, but I agree that NU needs to go retro with their alternates instead of this Buzz Lightyear crap.  I snatched the beautiful "leather" A&M alternate helmet from a few years ago.  It's rough, but this is the kind of vibe they need to run with.  Not making the Huskers look like Dynamo from Running Man.

6JvPe1t.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

44 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Colorado State with new uniforms >> http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081716aaa.html

Solid look minus the wordmark on the pants 

12038383.jpeg

CqFI3jHWEAA6s_J.jpg

12038363.jpeg

12038388.jpeg

12038366.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous if you take out the pointless RAMS on the pants. God damn I hate that template so much just because of the ridiculous pants stripe area. Almost ruins an amazing uniform.

18 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Absolutely gorgeous if you take out the pointless RAMS on the pants. God damn I hate that template so much just because of the ridiculous pants stripe area. Almost ruins an amazing uniform.

Pointless? Surely you jest.

The 'RAMS' moniker embroidered on the left leg embodies Colorado State's spirit of leaping through the tough terrain of the Mountain West. It proves to opponents that Rams have a strong desire for conquest. The angle it sits on the thigh mimics the slope of the 4th-from-the-right dash on the university's seal. 

*I spent way too long looking up dumb things to come with for this... I don't know how these companies do it

In all seriousness though, that thigh stripe is so dumb and ruins a lot of great looks for UA. 

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived