buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

That Carolina set looks like it is straight out of the 80s or 90s. Also wasn't the Pitt throwback more of a dark yellow, mustard color? That throwback is pure banana colored yellow.

 

Edit- there's no way the yellows are the same! The blue is fine, but yikes, that's highlighter level yellow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and add the stripes to the sleeves? or match golds, because it looks half assed as it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and add the stripes to the sleeves? or match golds, because it looks half assed as it is. 

It's funny because the brand new home and road Pitt uniforms are essentially throwbacks to that design. The colors have changed and the pants are plain, but the helmet and sleeve strips are identical. Royal and mustard versions of these would have been great.

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 5:47 PM, VirginiaJay24 said:

This looks good u can clearly tell its still USC

Did michigan go with the black helmet inside padding along with the blue chinstrap?

 

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 7:39 PM, fouhy12 said:

That looks really good. I like it.

I wish southern California went with a matter helmet and regular grey facemask instead of chrome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jsr862 said:

20160816_122029.png

 

Terrible. The gold (or should I say yellow) is way too bright, the helmet stripe doesn't match the pants stripe well enough, and again... I think Pittsburgh's cursive logo is outdated trash. If it's suppose to be a throwback to their older look then why doesn't it match?

 

8 hours ago, mjd77 said:

IMO, navy and vegas gold is a horrible combo for any team to use...it's just too drab and dull.

 

I think Navy uses it quite well...

 

635818070438566384-Tulane-Navy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Pitt throwbacks are fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Esco said:

Another detailed pic.

Screenshot_2016-08-17-07-39-31-1.png

 

Is South Carolina ditching the white helmets this season? I've seen quite a few of their practices this fall and past spring on the SECN and they're always in those helmets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There are rumors UGA will have red road pants versus Missouri in week three. I can't verify this yet but...
 
Here's a mockup I did. Looks really nice. I hope they do it like the black pants from a number of years ago where it still has the red, white, and black stripe. Basically one of the stripes is hidden and blends into the pants color.
 
xkxbw1.png 
 
aptopix-georgia-florida-football-2009-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

 

Is South Carolina ditching the white helmets this season? I've seen quite a few of their practices this fall and past spring on the SECN and they're always in those helmets. 

They have three helmets this year. I think we'll still see the white helmet more and probably the black helmet once. Muschamp said the seniors will pick the uniforms though so it will be interesting to see what kind of uniform mixes they come up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's looking more and more likely that Nebraska will wear some sort of cream colored alternate at some point during the year. School colors are technically Scarlet and Cream, but white has always been used for football jerseys. A lot of the official sideline gear for coaches/players have red, white, and cream options. 

 

CqBH0w4UAAEXMs0.jpg:large

 

Nebraska basketball had a cream alternate last year, and everyone loved it. So this seems like a good idea. 

 

565e7a6f271c2.image.jpg

 

I think going for a more old school looking alternate will work out a lot better than the quasi-futuristic look that Adidas has tried for with Nebraska in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Why didn't they go the whole nine yards and add the stripes to the sleeves? or match golds, because it looks half assed as it is. 

They are using the Dorsett years. They did not have the stripes then, just the numbers on the sleeves, 

 

But are using the colors from the Curtis Martin years

Image result for curtis martin pitt

 put them together and what do you got?

 

Bippity Boppity........ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it, but the way the horns just kind of float on the sleeves is a little strange. Also, the helmet horns and sleeve horns not matching is a bit of a turnoff, but still a solid set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ramsker said:

It's looking more and more likely that Nebraska will wear some sort of cream colored alternate at some point during the year. School colors are technically Scarlet and Cream, but white has always been used for football jerseys. A lot of the official sideline gear for coaches/players have red, white, and cream options. 

 

CqBH0w4UAAEXMs0.jpg:large

 

Nebraska basketball had a cream alternate last year, and everyone loved it. So this seems like a good idea. 

 

565e7a6f271c2.image.jpg

 

I think going for a more old school looking alternate will work out a lot better than the quasi-futuristic look that Adidas has tried for with Nebraska in the past.

 

5-minute photoshop, but I agree that NU needs to go retro with their alternates instead of this Buzz Lightyear crap.  I snatched the beautiful "leather" A&M alternate helmet from a few years ago.  It's rough, but this is the kind of vibe they need to run with.  Not making the Huskers look like Dynamo from Running Man.

 

6JvPe1t.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Akron is ditching the awfulness from the past 7 years....

15897748-standard.jpg

 

For the boring, but less awful...

CqFJKAiWcAATv3E.jpg

13724965_1414320441915363_16522177697100

 

The new white helmet doesn't do much for me. But I believe they will still have a matte blue and metallic gold version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Colorado State with new uniforms >> http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081716aaa.html

 

Solid look minus the wordmark on the pants 

 

12038383.jpeg

 

CqFI3jHWEAA6s_J.jpg

 

12038363.jpeg

 

12038388.jpeg

 

12038366.jpeg

 

 

Absolutely gorgeous if you take out the pointless RAMS on the pants. God damn I hate that template so much just because of the ridiculous pants stripe area. Almost ruins an amazing uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Absolutely gorgeous if you take out the pointless RAMS on the pants. God damn I hate that template so much just because of the ridiculous pants stripe area. Almost ruins an amazing uniform.

Pointless? Surely you jest.

 

The 'RAMS' moniker embroidered on the left leg embodies Colorado State's spirit of leaping through the tough terrain of the Mountain West. It proves to opponents that Rams have a strong desire for conquest. The angle it sits on the thigh mimics the slope of the 4th-from-the-right dash on the university's seal. 

*I spent way too long looking up dumb things to come with for this... I don't know how these companies do it

 

In all seriousness though, that thigh stripe is so dumb and ruins a lot of great looks for UA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.