Best Possible Super Bowl 50 Uni Matchup

It just occurred to me on Sunday, but I think we're going to get a very good Super Bowl visually. This will be the first time we're getting an outdoor west coast Super Bowl in 13 years, when the Bucs beat the Raiders in San Diego. I always love seeing the highlights of the early Super Bowl games played in the bright sunlight, and it'll be a treat to get a half or so of the game played in the sun.

Also, we are going to get some good color in the endzones. Cardinal red/black or black/electric blue in the NFC, and hopefully orange/navy in the AFC (instead of the same old navy/red of the Patriots). It would be great if, for the 50th game, they'd bring back the classic helmet endzones, but I'd settle for them veering from the recent crappy dark minimalism and putting outlines on the wordmarks. I don't want to see plain black letters on a red background for the Cardinals or blue letters on black for the Panthers, and I don't want to see the endzone they gave the Broncos two years ago. They should use orange for the Broncos. Also, if the Pats make it, they should incorporate red into the letters, unlike the blandness of last season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest - and I think this'll be an unpopular opinion - I'd rather see this of all the Denver/Carolina possibilities:

peyton-manning-broncos-960-.jpg?itok=fBf

camnewtongetty.jpg

For two reasons:

1) The Panthers' black uniforms are one of my favorite individual uniforms in the league, and would love to see it on the big stage.

2) The 90's kid in me would rather see it because, seeing as Denver didn't have an orange jersey in this set when I was a kid, this matchup would look nearly identical (save for Carolina's logo update) to a matchup these two would've had back then. What can I say, nostalgia's a strong force! ?

All that said, I'm expecting Denver in orange and Carolina in white, which will still look good I think.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

With as much noise as there was 2 years ago after Denver lost in the orange jersey's (and being winless in orange in Super Bowl history) and the absolute slaughter that game was from start-to-finish, I think Denver may go with white.  Which would be great because I really don't want to see Denver's orange uniforms against Carolina's whites anymore this year.  Tired of both of them and at least the opposite would be nicer (since Carolina looks infintly better in black to begin with and being in the Bay Area, black and silver would be kinda ironic, huh?)

10 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

To be honest - and I think this'll be an unpopular opinion - I'd rather see this of all the Denver/Carolina possibilities:

peyton-manning-broncos-960-.jpg?itok=fBf

camnewtongetty.jpg

For two reasons:

1) The Panthers' black uniforms are one of my favorite individual uniforms in the league, and would love to see it on the big stage.

2) The 90's kid in me would rather see it because, seeing as Denver didn't have an orange jersey in this set when I was a kid, this matchup would look nearly identical (save for Carolina's logo update) to a matchup these two would've had back then. What can I say, nostalgia's a strong force! ?

All that said, I'm expecting Denver in orange and Carolina in white, which will still look good I think.

The uniform designs aren't the best, but I love the likely color matchup...White with some Carolina Blue and Black vs Orange with some Navy Blue and White.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't think that Broncos choose white uniforms, but if they do this I hope Panthers will wear all black (except carolina blue socks) uniforms.

BTW I hope there will be orange endzone for Broncos not navy like two years ago.

4r2eer.png

35 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I'm sort of hoping the NFL allows a color-on-color Superbowl aka orange vs blue

Think you mean orange vs black. No alternate jerseys allowed in postseason games.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

4 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Think you mean orange vs black. No alternate jerseys allowed in postseason games.

No I really do mean blue. I know the no alternate rule serves a purpose, but it's stupid. I had thought the Broncos orange was their alternate unless I missed them swapping the blue and orange.

25 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

No I really do mean blue. I know the no alternate rule serves a purpose, but it's stupid. I had thought the Broncos orange was their alternate unless I missed them swapping the blue and orange.

They swapped orange and blue a few seasons back.

So, I guess it's going to be Panthers vs. Broncos. While I kind of wanted the Cardinals to win, I think the Panthers will create a more aesthetically pleasing Super Bowl.

Do you think we could see these from Carolina? Sure, their whites are lucky, but isn't the monochrome blacks a favorite of the players? 

Plus, it's not a "BAD" look with the Broncos in their all-whites ...

2015-nfl-super-bowl-50-panthers-broncos-

I don't know if the players consider that set lucky, as they haven't worn it in two years. And yes, that's a terrible look, especially when paired with the Broncos road look, which itself is bad. It's good that the Panthers have the chance to wear not only their best uniform set, but probably the best rare set in football. I sure hope they don't mess it up by going with that crap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived