CanucksBrad

NHL Redesign - No More White! **Leafs, Canucks, Capitals & Jets Added** (30/30

This is really nice! Just a few minor changes, and you got a great series going on! Eliminate the 90's Flames on Calgary's alternate. Yeesh. Also, eliminate the alternate logo going along the waistband on Florida. Otherwise, this is absolutley gorgeous.

This is really nice! Just a few minor changes, and you got a great series going on! Eliminate the 90's Flames on Calgary's alternate. Yeesh. Also, eliminate the alternate logo going along the waistband on Florida. Otherwise, this is absolutley gorgeous.

Thanks! I want to keep the Flames on the Calgary alt otherwise it just kinda seems like black for black sake, but with the flames it pops more and I wanted a few alternates to be really out there.

The Florida home couldn't get any better, it would be the best jersey in the NHL right now. On the away jersey it needs a lot more navy blue.

Awesome, Thanks! I thought about how navy doesn't really make it on the away, but I couldn't find a way to include it and still look good. Any thoughts?

Good series Brad.

Well presented with a nice mix of traditional and outside-of-the-box stuff.

You've nailed L.A. except I wonder if the aways would look better with black arm and sock stripes rather than the white.

Keep it going!

Thanks Sparky! That means a lot coming from you. Interesting thought on LA's set. I will look into that.

Hmmmm.... Lakers and Kings crossover colors. Interesting thought. Not really a fan of the yellow. Kinda hurts my eyes. But that's just me. :,(

Actually, the Kings used Purple and gold as their colours from 67'-88'. http://nhluniforms.com/Kings/Kings.html

15/30:

zHm0ATb.png

For Minnesota, I really wanted to keep their red to a minimum. This is pretty much their current away template but with no green and tan as the base. For the alternate, I wanted to nod to the North Stars, though I am not sure if they have the rights to their trademarks or if Dallas does. But this turned out to be one of my favorite sets.

16/30:

fudKt5v.png

OK, time to break my one rule. When this was announced in my fantasy world NHL, the Canadiens brass protested. They told the commissioners office they would not allow the players to do any interviews or promotional gigs for the league. The the league's boss gave in, and allowed Montreal, the league oldest and most storied franchise, to have a white alternate ONLY for special events (Winter Classic, Heritage Classic, Stadium games) at a maximum of 3 times per year. Satisfied with this arrangement, the Habs lifted the media ban.

I kept it the same as much as I could. The current home red translates pretty nicely into a blue I think. The alternate is very close to what they wore in the winter classic this year.

15/30:

zHm0ATb.png

For Minnesota, I really wanted to keep their red to a minimum. This is pretty much their current away template but with no green and tan as the base. For the alternate, I wanted to nod to the North Stars, though I am not sure if they have the rights to their trademarks or if Dallas does. But this turned out to be one of my favorite sets.

I'm pretty sure Dallas does.

isn't vintage white technically white?

isn't vintage white technically white?

I think the shade used in the Wild concept would count as white, but a darker shade would look sweet.

15/30:

zHm0ATb.png

I'm pretty sure Dallas does.

Yeah, Dallas does. But I really like that cream away. I think they should seriously switch to something like this full time. Habs look good, believe it or not. I actually really like the blue away.

At any rate, the main set for Minnesota looks great. That being said, I don't think they should have a Northstars based alternate since that identity belongs to the Dallas Stars.

At any rate, the main set for Minnesota looks great. That being said, I don't think they should have a Northstars based alternate since that identity belongs to the Dallas Stars.

What made me about using it was the fact that the Wild alumni are wearing North Stars uniforms in an alumni game vs. Chicago before their stadium series game.

I guess I could scrap it and do a red Wild jersey as the alt, but I think their red with green just looks too christmasy.

17/30:

wGf73OS.png

The Preds did a great job with their recent re-design, so I stuck with it. Blue home, yellow away. Went with a Guitar affect with the alt for the Music City, the guitar pick logo was just asking for it. Why brown? Underused colour and also what I think when I think of prehistoric animals.

18/30:

Njxku98.png

Devils pretty simple. Kept their red the same, reversed it to black as well. On the alt, took their original red & green and flipped them.

The Devils are perfect, especially that spectacular looking green alternate.

Simple, but effective for New Jersey and Nashville. The away and alternate for NJ makes me feel all Christmasy.

I've waited this long to comment, but after seeing the subpar Predators alternate, I had to speak. I get that brown is underused, but it looks ugly. It looks like someone took a huge dump on the jersey. I think that if you either do a throwback to their original jerseys with the chrome, or replace the brown with silver-grey, and it would look way better than the brown. Also, the number is a bit hard to read on the back of the alternate.

I've waited this long to comment, but after seeing the subpar Predators alternate, I had to speak. I get that brown is underused, but it looks ugly. It looks like someone took a huge dump on the jersey. I think that if you either do a throwback to their original jerseys with the chrome, or replace the brown with silver-grey, and it would look way better than the brown. Also, the number is a bit hard to read on the back of the alternate.

I don't like the colours or design of the Preds originals. I don't think they would produce a very good uniform.

I'm sorry you disliked my designs so much that you just had to comment. If you had some actual constructive criticism that would help, instead of some gross hyperbole.

Very nice series. My only complaint is from a consistency point of view. Some teams use black as a home and some as an away. I think that if you're going to encourage color vs. color you have to have the matchups work without an alternate option as the go to. You don't need to change any of your designs because of this though. From a more realistic perspective, you need to make sure the darker color is a home jersey while the away jersey is a lighter color.

I wasn't trying to be a big jerk, I just thought the brown seemed a little out of place. I really think the design is there, it's just the color doesn't get the job done. I really think grey would make the design work a lot better. I would also suggest making the numbers on the alt gold or navy. Like I said, sorry for coming out as a jerk, and the other designs really are creative and work very well together.