All a moot point, as this was the resolution which the NCAA passed:

One conference championship football game conducted in either of the following ways:

A game between division champions of a member conference that is divided into two divisions (as equally balanced as possible), each of which conducts round-robin, regular-season competition among the members of that division; or,

A game between the top two teams in the conference standings following a full round-robin regular-season schedule of competition among all members of the conference.

Big XII Official Statment

When does the chatter of 'one Conf title game is not like the others' begin?

Apparently today. Greg McElroy is already forecasting the death of the Big XII.

Here is one to consider it would be a huge jump but this team has won five straight FCS titles

North Dakota State

lol no

As The Big Lead points out today, Power 5 deregulation and cord cutters MAY force the demise of the Big XII, ACC, MWC and American.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/14/espn-cord-cutting-college-football/

And OU President David Boren tells the student paper he wants expansion and a cable channel, thus he wants to suck off the cable TV teat the longest of the Power 5 as I can see B1G not having a new TV deal as long as the others currently have.

http://m.oudaily.com/sports/oklahoma-football-president-david-boren-calls-big-disadvantaged-again-after/article_c280b8d2-ba4e-11e5-8fb3-2f2e14dc08bc.html?mode=jqm

As The Big Lead points out today, Power 5 deregulation and cord cutters MAY force the demise of the Big XII, ACC, MWC and American.

The idea of must see matchups intrigues me. Instead of schools plotting out home & aways years out, why not mandate open dates for top 25 teams to play another from the top 25 of one of the past 2 seasons, or something to that effect.

For Saturday nights. Don't get messed up with rivalry week, just get rid of marquee contractual games & start delivering some Alabamas vs Ohio States or FSUs vs USCs when they're worthy.

Fear of travel &/or competitive disadvantage? F that noise. Hell, the babies could even play in neutral sites if they really need to.

Colorado and Nebraska baby

That ship (along with Mizzou & TAMU) has sailed. Looking at you, Austin.

I think Memphis and Cincinnati make solid choices which help anchor WVU a bit, geographically. BYU and Boise State are other potentials, even though BSU is crap in anything but football (and they're waning).

The Big XII could also try and go further west with Fresno, Wyoming, Nevada, UNLV, etc. There are some decent schools, but few offer the impact and financial draw to offset the fact that the revenue pie is smaller. That's part of what made Nebraska and Texas A&M easy picks, and why Colorado and Rutgers still feel a bit forced.

The idea of must see matchups intrigues me. Instead of schools plotting out home & aways years out, why not mandate open dates for top 25 teams to play another from the top 25 of one of the past 2 seasons, or something to that effect.

For Saturday nights. Don't get messed up with rivalry week, just get rid of marquee contractual games & start delivering some Alabamas vs Ohio States or FSUs vs USCs when they're worthy.

Fear of travel &/or competitive disadvantage? F that noise. Hell, the babies could even play in neutral sites if they really need to.

Top 25 rankings are very subjective and the coaches poll doesn't have the coaches actually vote. SID's do their voting when they never see other teams, but when playing a ranked one.

Because the goal of the Power 5 is for deregulation, not the $hit which the NCAA did with TV rights before the CFA was founded.

Your concept is basically a NCAA version of the NFL, while what keeps college football a topic is the fact that there it is no hominization within it the SEC can have just 8 conference games, but B1G and Pac-12 do.

Plus, neutral site games pay more than home&homes overall.

Colorado and Nebraska baby

That ship (along with Mizzou & TAMU) has sailed. Looking at you, Austin.

I think Memphis and Cincinnati make solid choices which help anchor WVU a bit, geographically. BYU and Boise State are other potentials, even though BSU is crap in anything but football (and they're waning).

The Big XII could also try and go further west with Fresno, Wyoming, Nevada, UNLV, etc. There are some decent schools, but few offer the impact and financial draw to offset the fact that the revenue pie is smaller. That's part of what made Nebraska and Texas A&M easy picks, and why Colorado and Rutgers still feel a bit forced.

Nobody goes to Memphis football. They couldn't sell out this year. Cincinnati does better in terms of percentage as Nippert is small.

Memphis basketball only gets an audience when they cheat, but they love to cheat.

Cincy hoops is still trying to fund a renovation to a new, but :censored:ty designed arena.

The other options like:

Houston

BYU

UConn

UCF

Fresno

SDSU

South Florida

All have fleas. Thank goodness UAB and Charlotte are out of the mix too.

Its a shame that any time there is a big non conference game these days its at some neutral site nfl stadium. Id imagine the college towns loose lots of money by not having the games there.

There's was a piece in the Tallahassee Democrat a number of years ago that said when FSU played games in Jacksonville, Tallahassee lost about $5M in revenue in the community. That was back around 2007/2008 when the economy was really struggling. I have no clue what the numbers would be like now.

Ive been told by some people in Manhattan and Lawrence that the losses are around 1 mil per game. I dont know if thats true but it does sound about right.

That actually sounds incredibly low. You're telling me that for a home football weekend, there's only $1M spent on hotels/food/shopping?

That actually sounds incredibly low. You're telling me that for a home football weekend, there's only $1M spent on hotels/food/shopping?

$1M sounds about right for KU, it does seem a little low for K-State.

Adding the major city markets (top 30), may not really equate to more $$$. Adding Houston is redundant and adding Cincinnati or Memphis won't add viewers as those households are B1G and SEC respectively. BYU would bring in SLC plus an ancillary national audience but that still ain't that great.

Cord cutters aside, look at the C-USA mess.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/conference-usa-schools-to-see-lower-tv-revenues-in-upcoming-contract.html

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/basketball/sources-conference-usa-odu-will-see-vastly-reduced-tv-revenue/article_f89181d1-f34f-58fc-9e73-53809bbbcc60.html

$1M sounds about right for KU, it does seem a little low for K-State.
I guess i should say that i heard that 6 years ago when Kansas State and Iowa State were playing at Arrowhead for some stupid reason.