NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

These are my wish lists for changes next year and beyond:

Eagles should keep the midnight green, looks cool, and besides the kelly green will fit more with the Jets than the Eagles. Jets knocked it out of the park with the 1978-97 kelly green jerseys and helmets.

Not to nit pick but the Jets never wore kelly green. Kelly green has always been an Eagles color IMO. The Jets wore a much darker shade of green (almost hunter green for those years). I think when ppl think of the Jets they picture them in their current Joe Namath era unis.

This is hunter green? Our Pantone expert Colorwerx lists Kelly Green as both a Jets color and an Eagles color worn in the 80s and 90s.

Meh- The Jets always seemed darker to me...

seth_joyner.jpg

blair_thomas.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lighting. There's plenty of pictures where those Eagles jerseys look dark too.

The Jets were Champion, and I think had the "dazzle" sleeves, or at least used some kind of "shinier" material, vs the Eagles flat mesh Russel jerseys. Some Champion and all Wilson and all or most Starter jerseys seemed brighter than RA due to the fabrics.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lighting. There's plenty of pictures where those Eagles jerseys look dark too.

The Jets were Champion, and I think had the "dazzle" sleeves, or at least used some kind of "shinier" material, vs the Eagles flat mesh Russel jerseys. Some Champion and all Wilson and all or most Starter jerseys seemed brighter than RA due to the fabrics.

Here's a good example

1995+1126.jpg

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321321608608?_mwBanner=1

Wouldn't it be sweet to see something like this for the Titans? Still a white helmet so no need to worry about the helmet rule and this is just something different for a change. Especially the light blue stripe

I'd rather they just use their pants stripe on the helmet and ditch those silly points they ripped off of the Ravens.

PvO6ZWJ.png

And the reason they wore it this season was because they wore it for 35 years, from the day they became the Jets through 1997.

gal-jets-2-jpg.jpg0a6957d555fa4d1beeb841b743ec46dd.jpg

Did the Jets have some major anniversary this season? Why couldn't they have worn it last season or the upcoming one for the same reason?

These are my wish lists for changes next year and beyond:

Eagles should keep the midnight green, looks cool, and besides the kelly green will fit more with the Jets than the Eagles. Jets knocked it out of the park with the 1978-97 kelly green jerseys and helmets.

Not to nit pick but the Jets never wore kelly green. Kelly green has always been an Eagles color IMO. The Jets wore a much darker shade of green (almost hunter green for those years). I think when ppl think of the Jets they picture them in their current Joe Namath era unis.

This is hunter green? Our Pantone expert Colorwerx lists Kelly Green as both a Jets color and an Eagles color worn in the 80s and 90s.

YRHODEN1-popup.jpg

Big fan of those uniforms.

Wouldn't it be sweet to see something like this for the Titans? Still a white helmet so no need to worry about the helmet rule and this is just something different for a change. Especially the light blue stripe

I've been saying since Day One that the Titans should have used the "'T" on their helmets instead of the ugly asymmetrical flaming ball...thing...

s-l500.jpg

Yeah, that would be a huge improvement.

Link to the whole PDF with all teams

https://moncpc.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/nationalfootballleague_frc_2000_sol_srgb.pdf

I knew I'd heard the Jets referred to as a hunter green before and just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy...Not a big deal either way bout found this:

NFL_Pantone_Chart.jpg

Yes, the Jets wear Hunter Green now. They wore Kelly Green from 1962 through 1997.

Fun fact: the Jets adopted the exact same shade of green worn by the Packers.

do they have silver anywhere in the uni? I always thought they could go Pastorini era Oilers uni. Silver or columbia helmet.

I've been saying since Day One that the Titans should have used the "'T" on their helmets instead of the ugly asymmetrical flaming ball...thing...

s-l500.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• 5 weeks later...

Archived