NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current logo is simply "trying to hard". Overdesigned. Black outline and additional white highlights, in my opinion, don't do anything to improve the logo. I've seen it too many times before when a designer doesn't quite know what is not right about their logo, so they add a black outline to fix it. 

489px-New_Lions_Logo.svg.png

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

The current logo is simply "trying to hard". Overdesigned. Black outline and additional white highlights, in my opinion, don't do anything to improve the logo. I've seen it too many times before when a designer doesn't quite know what is not right about their logo, so they add a black outline to fix it. 

489px-New_Lions_Logo.svg.png

I think in this case, it's even simpler - the Lions added BFBS, and needed to put it somewhere, but they were shoehorning it in and it didn't fit anywhere on the logo. So a pointless extra outline for their pointless extra color. 

Lions team clown (president who admitted he doesn't know :censored: about football) talked once again about changing the whole thing, colors, logo and uniforms. I swear I'll be done rooting for these mofos if they either dump Honolulu blue and silver or become a futuristic Nike mess. They should try to make the playoffs for a change instead of messing with tradition if they want to sell some stuff...

16 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Lions team clown (president who admitted he doesn't know :censored: about football) talked once again about changing the whole thing, colors, logo and uniforms. I swear I'll be done rooting for these mofos if they either dump Honolulu blue and silver or become a futuristic Nike mess. They should try to make the playoffs for a change instead of messing with tradition if they want to sell some stuff...

as long as a Ford is scratching a check...things will never change even the colors

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

3 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

as long as a Ford is scratching a check...things will never change even the colors

I certainly hope so. There's a reason why they can't sell anything outside Michigan but unfortunately the new president knows nothing about it...

Honalulu blue, white, and silver is a gorgeous colour scheme. It's the black and gimmicky number font that needs to go. 

I even like the new logo and wordmark. They would both benifit from dropping the black though.

15 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Honalulu blue, white, and silver is a gorgeous colour scheme. It's the black and gimmicky number font that needs to go. 

I even like the new logo and wordmark. They would both benifit from dropping the black though.

I hated black at first not buying anything from the previous era of uniforms but I'm pretty sure they won't be dropping it so I had no choice but to accept the very small amount currently used. As for the new logo and wordmark I think they're totally alright. The Lions sales problem doesn't have anything to do with the look or marketing if you ask me. They'd be selling way more stuff if they actually played well for a couple straight seasons... I don't think I'm being a homer saying their color scheme looks great.

31 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I don't think I'm being a homer saying their color scheme looks great.

I'm a Packer fan, and I agree that you aren't being a homer calling their color scheme great.  I love it.  Ditch the black.

It's where I sit.

I don't mind the black the way it is currently used.  It is mostly a trim color that really accentuates the blue.

I don't want to see another black Lions jersey.  However, I have no problem with what they have now.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

41 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm a Packer fan, and I agree that you aren't being a homer calling their color scheme great.  I love it.  Ditch the black.

Yep. I'm a Bears fan and I love the scheme, or at least how it was used in the '90s. Honolulu blue and silver and plenty different enough. Black absolutely isn't needed for visual distinction, and it makes things worse.

And while they're losing the black, they should tell Nike to F itself and use pants that are *actually* silver, like the Raiders use. No more of the faint, see-through gray pants

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ridiculous. Great color scheme. I'd love to see the black gone, but I can live with it. If anything, tweak the unis slightly, but they're in no need of significant changes. 

The logo update in 2009 was absolutely perfect. I couldn't believe that the Lions actually did something right. 

Fix the on field product first. Don't worry about what they're wearing, Rod Wood.

sig.png

18 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i think the Lions should mix these 2 logos:

1961-69

472.gif

and 1970-2002

473.gif

maybe have the blue and silver behind the 1970 to 2002 logo.  

I honestly don't think they should change the logo at all (I'd be okay with removing the black key line but it's not necessary). The 70-08 logos always looked wrong to me. I still can't help but see a a lion without front arms and a giant head with the mouth being formed by the paws and the space between the mouth and front paw being an eye. I don't think anyone could have that issue with the current logo.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived