NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

112497boomerfist_451x550.jpg

See Bengals it's not that difficult to have a great uniform

Yep. Perfection right here. And the leaping Bengal logo is one of my all-time favorites.

classic case of a bad team ruining a good uniform. Those uniforms went 34-78. Any decent years and they'd probably still be wearing them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yep. Perfection right here. And the leaping Bengal logo is one of my all-time favorites.

Yeah that was a perfect uniform, and it wouldn't look dated today if brought back verbatim. One change I'd like to see mocked up on a modern template is the extension of the tiger stripes to the end of the sleeve instead of the full-body tiger logo. The logo could get squished on today's template.

Monochrome.

Overly busy piping and panelling.

Standard 2000s "update" of a perfectly serviceable logo made worse by forced overly aggressive design and needless addition of silver.

I didn't like it at first, but I think it's actually held up pretty well. The logo update was the worst part of their redesign. The new logo looks pretty bad unless you look at it with the context of the old logo to know that it's supposed to be an update. If it was a fresh design totally from scratch, it'd be horrible.

Their old logo is bordering on iconic status, but much like the Bills logo, it suffers due to being pirated by hundreds if not thousands of other teams. I would like to see it updated a little bit, but I really can't think of a way to do so tastefully.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"Older is always better". "Older is always better". "Older is always better".

Boy, did you pick the wrong team to try making that argument about.

The Bengals' first uniform was bland and pointless. Their current one is over-designed fussy garbage. But in the middle, they had two excellent unforms which incorporated quirky, unique details working within the sport's traditional aesthetic. The best of both worlds. So no, actually.

But I'm sorry - did you want to be alone with that nice little strawman you made? :P

"Older is always better". "Older is always better". "Older is always better".

Boy, did you pick the wrong team to try making that argument about.

The Bengals' first uniform was bland and pointless. Their current one is over-designed fussy garbage. But in the middle, they had two excellent unforms which incorporated quirky, unique details working within the sport's traditional aesthetic. The best of both worlds. So no, actually.

But I'm sorry - did you want to be alone with that nice little strawman you made? :P

I agree but the original bengals uniforms were basically a big F-U to art modell so they have a bit of a soft spot in my heart. If you've ever seen the photo of PB with the 8 or so prototype helmets (it's been circulated a bunch) you'll notice the tiger stripe helmet design as a concept, existed way back then. There was also a cool tiger's head in that photo too.

Monochrome.

Overly busy piping and panelling.

Standard 2000s "update" of a perfectly serviceable logo made worse by forced overly aggressive design and needless addition of silver.

nothing wrong with monochrome. if you dont like the way it looks, thats different than being bad or wrong.

overly busy? don't see that at all. the design is no more complex than something with stripes all over it

that old logo was NOT serviceable with its thin lines. it was extremely dated in style, especially when going in this new brand direction. i dont see "overly aggressive" either - it's just the right amount and beautifully suggests "speed" . it also works much better on the helmet where the old was too tall and occupied a weird space on the helmet. the addition of silver is a call-back to the previous brand and provides a very nice keyline that is not over bearing as you see with white or black ones.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Yeah...why they went with the stupid tiger-striped "B" as a logo is so stupid. It reeks of some D-III or high school logo.

I honestly think that both the Falcons and Bengals are on the verge of having great looks, but they have to add by subtraction. For the Bengals, the side panels and number font have to go. Another type of pants stripe would help too, the Broncos' style isn't quite working for them. For the Falcons, I've always liked their shoulder design, but they need to lose the piping. Replacing that with pants striping that matches the shoulder caps would make for something pretty nice IMO. Bringing back silver could also freshen up things.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The Falcons red jersey, to me, looks like the trash that we all know it is.. But the black version, for some reason, (to me) is a great look and actually a good looking monochrome uniform when paired with the black pants.. I agree that the new logo wasn't an improvement, but it does make the older logo seem a bit dated.. Perhaps a mashup of the two to produce a happy medium could be the answer?

As for the Bengals, I actually really like the idea of their current look.. Remove the side panels and random white striping, and I'd consider it an improvement over the older look.. The color balance is ideal imo, and they've really found a great way to own the tiger stripes without being obnoxious and costumey with it.. I really think the side panels and extra white just stick out so badly that it's nearly impossible to overlook until they're omitted..

In summation, a clean-up of the two uniforms would be the best route for both these teams, although the red-helmet era Falcons throwbacks are absolutely gorgeous as well

One season closer, hopefully for some decent Falcons uniforms.

Why have decent when you can have great?

132680064_display_image.jpg?1337319893

falcons_photo_jimmycribbjpg.jpg?w=500

By far the uniform this board overrates the most. As an occasional alt? Meh. As a full-time look? Zzzzzzz.

Archived