NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redskins Pres. Bruce Allen hinted at a uniform change/alt (?) yesterday. He's known for his obsession with the gold pants so I'll believe it when I see it.

"We're going to do some things this year that I think the fans are really going to like with the uniform."

11 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I think they're very realistic and match up to some of the rumors/pictures we've seen. 

Regarding the helmets comment, YES, it does add legitimacy because there have been plenty of rumors where the helmets are different colors, etc. Those you can obviously throw out the door. 

Take it easy, guys. Everything is worth reading with a grain of salt. 

I love reading with grains of salt in my hand.  Very soothing. :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

i probably wont see uniforms until camp at best, so i really have no idea whats going on with the VU template. the reason i used that template is just because its available. Suh and Miller were wearing it some time last year. so since its the latest template and the players have actually worn it, it made since to use it here. dont read too much into it for now though, teams might still keep the Elite51

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 5/5/2016 at 7:19 AM, Rise of DC said:

Redskins Pres. Bruce Allen hinted at a uniform change/alt (?) yesterday. He's known for his obsession with the gold pants so I'll believe it when I see it.

"We're going to do some things this year that I think the fans are really going to like with the uniform."

Hopefully this just means a return of the burgundy pants with the white jerseys. Gold pants are great with the burgundy jersey, but I miss the burgundy pants.

I swear I'm not a gimmick account named after a color.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Ark said:

This is reddit's ranking of NFL uniforms according to this survey: https://imgur.com/a/c02Qp#z4NlfjQ

rVfFZKq.png

I'm not sure how scientific this is, but it's nice to see the Browns, Titans, Bucs, and Jags bringing up the rear, where they clearly belong.  Also, nice to see the Vikings at 4, and three NFC north teams in the top six.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure how scientific this is, but it's nice to see the Browns, Titans, Bucs, and Jags bringing up the rear, where they clearly belong.  Also, nice to see the Vikings at 4, and three NFC north teams in the top six.

If you clicked on the link to the survey you'd see how they polled, how they accounted for bias, and how they did two forms of polling (quality for pass/fail). I'd say rather scientific considering it gives you the crosstabs of the results based on team you root for vs teams you're rating in two separate polls.

the thing about it that stands out to me the most is how low the Titans is rated. honestly, i dont see why that would be. unpopular opinion. 

also, the Colts and Giants are rated very low, where so many other traditional, long tenured uniforms dominate the top. and i think some of the lower rated ones has something to do with their new-ness  (though i agree theres a lot there that deserve their positions)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived